“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Earlier in the year we went to a Wedding at this hotel and stayed overnight, everything was absolutely first class. The staff so efficient and friendly.
After our stay we received an email asking if we would be interested in a special event, A Michael Buble tribute night. Eight of us decided to go, we had drinks and canapés, then dinner and the entertainment. We also decided to stay overnight and we all agreed it was one of the best nights we have had for ages. Everything was extremely well organised, the food excellent and although the drinks a little expensive no more so than one would expect.
The hotel has lots of character and the grounds are lovely, we stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was privately owned by the Miller family and now being part of the Handpicked group has certainly been an improvement. We were all delighted with our rooms, one in the main house and the other three in the mews..
We would certainly be interested in staying at this hotel if they had future similar events.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking a moment to review your most recent stay with us last weekend. I am really pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the tribute evening and the service and cuisine provided stood out for mention. This is wonderful feedback to receive and I thank you for your comments. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for a third visit in the not too distant future.
Gareth Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Essex
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed a few times now at Chilston Park and has always been good. The service throughout is exceptional as is their restaurant. The hotel has real natural charm in lovely surroundings. Look forward to staying again in the future.

Dear Guest
I am delighted to read that your stays with us have always met your expectations with our restaurant in particular standing out for special mention. We also look forward to you staying with us again and thank you for the review.
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Lovely grounds, comfortable room. A little mould in the shower.
If you want to use the bar take a fat wallet, single Beefeater gin £4.60 PLUS £2.25 for the tonic.
We had two meals and with both the order was incomplete.
Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear will be further insulated from the Eurotunnel trains/traffic
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am of course disappointed to learn that your stay was only an average one. We do always try to exceed our guests expectations and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not achieve this goal. In regard to your comments on bar pricing; we do operate a larger spirit measure here at the hotel of 35ml and a mixer size of 200ml which is the reason behind the perceived higher price than that of other establishments that tend to operate with 25ml and 125ml measures respectively. Once this and the surroundings of the hotel are taken into account I do feel that our bar prices are in line with the quality offered and our competitors on both a national and local level. It is naturally concerning to read that your food order was incomplete and I will pass on your feedback to our Head Chef on this matter, please accept my apologies on behalf of the kitchen team for this oversight.
I do hope that I have been able to assure you of our best intentions and hope that in the future you may choose to return to the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We've stayed at Chilston Park on three occasions with another couple overnight and have always had a lovely time. The quality of service and food is first class throughout and we always upgrade as we love the character of those particular rooms. The hotel has lots of character and beautiful grounds. Only drawback was as we were leaving yesterday, the person who came to our room to clean the room had a very rude attitude.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review, I am really pleased that your stay was an enjoyable one and you particularly enjoyed the character of the property. Apologies for the actions of the member of the housekeeping team that you encountered, this really isn’t what we wish our team members to deliver to our guests and I will follow this up with the team personally. Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We took a short break to visit Leeds Castle and some National trust properties. Location of the hotel was excellent and within easy reach of both Maidstone and Ashford. Upon arrival we found staff to be helpful, friendly and professional and we immediately felt relaxed and at home. The evening meal was included in the cost of our stay and was fantastic. There was a delay in the preparation of the canopies (which was not a problem to us) and we were given more champagne and an upgrade on the dessert menu. We were impressed with such attention to detail. The dinning room/restaurant had a wonderful ambiance and every course was cooked to perfection. Breakfast was of a similar high standard and we couldn't fault the whole experience. It was obvious that only quality staff are employed at this hotel and the short break far surpassed our expectations. Thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments relating to your recent short break with us here at Chilston Park. I am really pleased that the team looked after you so well and provided a good level of service and attention to detail throughout your stay. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Rainham, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was visiting a freinds wedding on 30th December 2013 and we were dealt with swiftly, we checked in before the bride and groom arrived, the food was fantastic but the room was poor because we could not see the head table, I must say that the cold milk from reception is very nice but the drinks from the bar were expensive, the organiser was not good at his job as some people received the wrong meals but I would stay here again, very nice atmosphere

Our room which I shared with my brother was made up as a double instead of 2 singles so we had to get that changed which was done straight away

Free wifi!

Room Tip: Rooms above reception area were quiet but some rooms have stiff locks, try to pick a room with a goo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your experience here at Chilston Park late last year, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and the wedding celebrations. The areas that you have highlighted as ones that we can further improve on have been noted and I thank you for your constructive comments. We will certainly use these thoughts as we continue to look to deliver perfection to all of our guests.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Since retiring my husband and I have visited many hotels and I must say that the Chilston Park has been by far the best. I am a wheelchair user and were given the Chinoiserir Room which has been adapted for the infirm. I can highly recommend the facilities, and the room and bed was huge. We found all the staff were excellent and did everything they could to make our stay most enjoyable. The food and wine was of top quality, although a little pricey. If I have one suggestion to the management would be if a golf buggy was made available to those guests who had walking difficulties, it would have enhanced the stay as there were extensive gardens and lakes but these are not accessible if in a wheelchair . We will certainly return.

Room Tip: The Chinoiserie is an adapted room and large.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest
I am delighted to read that your short break with us was such an enjoyable experience, thank you so much for your kind words. I know that Ellie our Reception Manager was particularly involved with you during your stay, though I don’t think she managed to get your Ipad off its foreign language settings! Thank you for the suggestion regarding the golf cart, I will certainly add this to the list that I keep in relation to guests suggestions and bear your comments in mind when we look to plan our large item expenditure for the coming year.
Gareth Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenham
Eastwell Manor
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#2 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!