Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
loripoulton
Greater London, United Kingdom

Wonderful place for a weekend away

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jun 2023
Had a wonderful afternoon tea. They even do a fantastic selection of gluten free if needed. We then had an excellent evening meal and stayed overnight in an exquisite period suite. Even breakfast didn’t let them down. Highly recommended for a fantastic weekend away.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 2 Jul 2023
Dear Loripoulton,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review following your recent weekend away. Your feedback is much appreciated as it allows me to understand how well we are meeting our guest's expectations.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel in the very near future, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Paul Pierce, MIH
  • Expedia.com
4.9 miles from Chilston Park Hotel
View more hotels in Lenham
1,339 results
All reviews afternoon tea lovely grounds main building extensive grounds wedding breakfast four poster bed handpicked hotels country house hotel scones kent countryside wedding reception enjoyable stay overnight stay evening meal birthday treat short break poached eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2023

Came here for a wedding beautiful venue. As the evening went the toilets were neglected. Where is the hourly check? They were aware of a wedding with 100+ guests. Service needs improvement in the bar as 3 people is not sufficient. Value for money? No if you are a big party. Staff working hard. 21:50pm Manager has gone home. Not good enough. Big event needs to be available. Not coming back!!

M

Room tip: Don’t stay here as a big group
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2023

Dear paulmY3584QD,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Chilston Park Hotel. Chilston is a very beautiful venue and we hold many weddings.

I was shocked to read your review as this is feedback that is very rare to receive. We are so often commended for our service and very high standards and I am sorry that on this occasion you believe we fell short. We have a Duty Manager team that works 24/7 so I am sorry if the wrong information was taken from the conversation that was had with our receptionist.

I know my Duty Manager Rachel spoke with you on check out and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Many Thanks
Paul Pierce MIH

Reviewed 3 June 2023 via mobile

What an outstanding place, beautiful setting, amazing architecture, lovely food, made super outstanding by a team of brilliant people who can’t do enough to make your time memorable.

People make the biggest difference and they sure do here. Thank you for another lovely visit.

Best woofs, Poppy Labrador aged 14.

Ps - did i mention it’s super dog friendly!

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mr Buckle,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted that your stay was worthy of perfect scores in all aspects and I have shared these very positive ratings with all of the team here.

May I thank you and Poppy once again for your visit to Chilston. I know we are quite a journey for you however I am sure there is still so much of Kent to see. I can assure you the team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Reviewed 24 April 2023 via mobile

Wow… had fabulous stay but really it was all about our Wedding reception. Could hardly have been better from planning through to the overnight stay at the end. A great team, great service and brilliant location in the Heart of Kent. We were so wonderfully looked after by Molly before the day and then Lewis on the day and they made our special day easy relaxing and just perfect.

Room tip: If in doubt just go see and you’ll end up booking it
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2023

Dear svwhat,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

The team thoroughly enjoyed looking after you and your guests on the day. I hope that Chilston Park will continue to be a place where you create many memories in the years to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
All the very best and congratulations once more.

Paul Pierce,
Chilston Park Hotel

Reviewed 18 April 2023

On the plus side: The price of rooms is reasonable, and bedrooms are roomy with very good beds. The public rooms are elegant and peaceful. The grounds, if not very interesting, are ample and well maintained.

The dining room and the cooking are good, with a varied menu. Prices are normal these days for an upmarket hotel. Maybe a few cheaper wines would be helpful. The bill for three courses, a middling-priced bottle of wine, two coffees and petits fours, and a brandy, came to just over £150, which seemed very reasonable.

The Hand Picked Hotels group clearly has a policy of training its staff properly; and despite one or two slips (too many “is everything OK?” questions too soon and nobody on duty when we arrived for breakfast) the service was very good.

On the "not so good" side the bathroom showed a lack of attention to detail. The water supply was excellent – hot water almost immediately, and plenty of pressure in the shower. But the screen to stop shower water leaking to the floor was far too short. I managed to flood the bathroom more comprehensively than I have ever done before! The silvering of the very old mirror needed replacing; and there was no light over the mirror.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Judy B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review through Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate the feedback and I am so happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the team were there to look after you. We spend a lot of time training our team to a high standard and it fantastic to see this is recognised.

With regards to the feedback regarding the bathroom, we will look into this and make changes were possible to enhance the experience for our future guests.

Thank you again and I really look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Chilston Park Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2023 via mobile

Today I went to Chilston park hotel for afternoon tea for my 60th birthday. We got there a bit early but this was no problem. Taken to our table by a wonderful young man. W head a choice of teas to choose from and the selection was has good as any 5* establishment.
We then had the most amazing tea and cakes and sandwiches brought to our table.
The sandwiches were so fresh and tasty. The scones nice and warm with clotted cream and jam. Then an amazing selection of fancy cakes to finish of. Unlimited pots of tea and all for a fantastic price.
No rush just a nice afternoon of relaxing tea and food.
Staff helpful, friendly and lovely to talk to.
Would highly recommend this hotel and can’t wait to visit for dinner.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lamkin1

Dear LamkIn1

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your online feedback it is greatly appreciated. I was pleased to note the good feedback provided and that you thoroughly enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us.

Thank you once again for your kindness. I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back for Dinner to Chilston Park Hotel in the not-too-distant future, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.