Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cliff B

Unforgettable and absolutely amazing!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jun 2023
To have experienced a stay a Chilston Park was an absolute privilege!!! Every aspect of our stay was faultless and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Having visited several times before, this was our first overnight stay and genuinely loved every moment. The evening meal was excellent; so full of flavour and cooked to perfection and breakfast was just as good, relaxed and very friendly staff. A magnificent country house hotel which still retains its heritage and oozes detail, charm and character. Whether you are looking for a short break or planning to find the ultimate and perfect wedding venue in Kent then Chilston Park should be given your top consideration. Thank you to all the lovely staff; we genuinely loved every moment and definitely will be back again.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 2 Jul 2023
Dear Cliff B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted that your stay was worthy of perfect scores in all aspects and I have shared these very positive ratings with all of the team here at Chilston Park.

May I thank you once again for your time and trouble in leaving us a review.

I am glad that the experience lived up to your expectations and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel very soon and for many more years to come to create many memories, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

No prepayment needed
  • Booking.com
4.9 miles from Chilston Park Hotel
View more hotels in Lenham
1,339 results
All reviews afternoon tea lovely grounds main building extensive grounds wedding breakfast four poster bed handpicked hotels country house hotel scones kent countryside wedding reception enjoyable stay overnight stay evening meal birthday treat short break poached eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2023

We have just got back from travelling the entire UK and out of 15 hotels we stayed at Chilston Park was the best in every way and a lot of hotels in the UK could take a few tips.

When we arrived the weather was not great, we was met by the General Manager with an umbrella and he was happy to get wet carrying our cases (we are slightly older) so we could stay dry and he was such a charming young man. What a fantastic sign and arrival it immediately put us at ease. We then witnessed 4 members of staff welcome a mini bus of guests later that evening with a conveyor belt of umbrellas, this was very impressive to witness.

The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are impeccable. It truly is an understated hidden gem with flawless service. We are so happy we found it. We felt the staff genuinely cared for us. Matthew in the restaurant was charming and tended to our every need. Simon was just immaculate and utterly professional. Lottie and Morgan were also fantastic. It was the things we didn’t ask for that they did which were just so special.

The rooms are slightly dated and bathrooms are in need of an urgent update. The ground floor has recently had work done and it feels very luxurious. The experience as a whole was second to none despite the slightly tired rooms.

There are many things to do In the area, we visited Sissinghurst gardens, Leeds castle and Chapel down. Chilston could really benefit from having a Spa, we would have extended our stay if it had. Thank you to all the team at Chilston. We will definitely return soon.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2023

Dear Tony R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Chilston Park Hotel and for the comments you have made. Your feedback is very helpful in helping me to understand how well we are meeting the expectations of our guests and I was pleased to read that your stay with us was successful and we created a memory for you both. Hopefully we can create many more moving forward.

I am so happy that you mentioned so many staff by name and I can assure you this feedback has been shared with these individuals and the team as a whole.

May I thank you once again for your time and trouble to review Chilston. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel very soon, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Reviewed 19 June 2023

Went for father's day 3 dads in the group asked for private room which we have had before and the service was very good if a little slow then but the service this time was not up to standard lots of staff but we had to keep asking for items that had not turned up like water etc. Some of the waiters/essess were lovely smiley,polite etc. But there was a waitress who was extremely sullen and miserable... she did not want to be there! And made it quite clear which didn't make for a nice afternoon credit where its due there was a very young man who was an absolute delight smiley and nothing was too much trouble.
Food was not bad had the roast chicken ..plenty of it and the others had the beef which they were all pleased with.
So this time the experience was a lack lustre disappointment I'm afraid .

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Poirret

Dear Poirret,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent visit to Chilston Park Hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows me to understand how we are meeting our guest's expectations and where we can make improvements. It is very disappointing that your experience was let down due to service. I can assure you this is not our normal high standards that are maintained as you will know from previos visits and our Food and Beverage Manager will be looking into this.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel in the not-too-distant future, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Reviewed 17 June 2023

Had a wonderful afternoon tea. They even do a fantastic selection of gluten free if needed. We then had an excellent evening meal and stayed overnight in an exquisite period suite. Even breakfast didn’t let them down. Highly recommended for a fantastic weekend away.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Loripoulton,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review following your recent weekend away. Your feedback is much appreciated as it allows me to understand how well we are meeting our guest's expectations.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel in the very near future, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Paul Pierce, MIH

Reviewed 3 June 2023

Came here for a wedding beautiful venue. As the evening went the toilets were neglected. Where is the hourly check? They were aware of a wedding with 100+ guests. Service needs improvement in the bar as 3 people is not sufficient. Value for money? No if you are a big party. Staff working hard. 21:50pm Manager has gone home. Not good enough. Big event needs to be available. Not coming back!!

M

Room tip: Don’t stay here as a big group
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear paulmY3584QD,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Chilston Park Hotel. Chilston is a very beautiful venue and we hold many weddings.

I was shocked to read your review as this is feedback that is very rare to receive. We are so often commended for our service and very high standards and I am sorry that on this occasion you believe we fell short. We have a Duty Manager team that works 24/7 so I am sorry if the wrong information was taken from the conversation that was had with our receptionist.

I know my Duty Manager Rachel spoke with you on check out and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 3 June 2023 via mobile

What an outstanding place, beautiful setting, amazing architecture, lovely food, made super outstanding by a team of brilliant people who can’t do enough to make your time memorable.

People make the biggest difference and they sure do here. Thank you for another lovely visit.

Best woofs, Poppy Labrador aged 14.

Ps - did i mention it’s super dog friendly!

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mr Buckle,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted that your stay was worthy of perfect scores in all aspects and I have shared these very positive ratings with all of the team here.

May I thank you and Poppy once again for your visit to Chilston. I know we are quite a journey for you however I am sure there is still so much of Kent to see. I can assure you the team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Paul Pierce