Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
h0ppyak
Norfolk, United Kingdom

Mama mia

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2023
Special mama mia night for friends birthday, food was good but would not leave remains of meze on the table for us to keep enjoying. Waitress was lovely but told to clear away! Hmm customer obviously not knows best. One barman for drinks afterwards until complaint made. Entertainment was at times painful, out of tune, forgotten words but enthusiastic. Experience did not meet expected standard
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 19 Sept 2023
Dear h0ppyak,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our recent Mamma Mia inspired night.

It was disappointing to read that the experience didn't meet your expected standards. I have fed this feedback to the team so we can enhance our service levels. This is very different to our normally high standards and comments that we receive so we will look into this in greater depth.

I have also passed your feedback onto the events company that we used regarding the entertainment.

I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Chilston Park again.

Many Thanks

2.4 miles from Chilston Park Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Lenham
1,338 results
All reviews afternoon tea lovely grounds main building extensive grounds wedding breakfast four poster bed handpicked hotels country house hotel scones kent countryside wedding reception enjoyable stay overnight stay evening meal birthday treat short break poached eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2023

Amazing hotel, loved the themed room,Stayed in Camelot. The food was out of this world and the staff couldn't have been any more friendly or helpful. All of the little extra touches made my time more special. The grounds beautiful too.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2023

Dear GrandTour31145094492,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that your recent visit to Chilston Park was that of a joyful one.

Our themed rooms are something that was originally put in by the Millers and Hand Picked Hotels have carried this theming throughout. I am happy that this was noticed and something you liked, we have 53 different rooms all with their own theme.

I have passed on your feedback to our Food and Beverage team and they were delighted with the feedback. It is fantastic that the staff are recognised so frequently.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 29 June 2023 via mobile

The Regency room is huge and stunning ! Vegetation food options were really good .Staff there bent over backwards and were lovely , polite and friendly . Bed in Regency very high on that I felt like The princess and the pea ! Altogether a really pleasant and beautiful hotel .

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Pierce, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2023

Dear Michellemorph54,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted that your stay was worthy of a fantastic review and I have shared this with all of the team here at Chilston Park.

May I thank you once again for your time and trouble in leaving us a review.

Reviewed 28 June 2023

To have experienced a stay a Chilston Park was an absolute privilege!!! Every aspect of our stay was faultless and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Having visited several times before, this was our first overnight stay and genuinely loved every moment. The evening meal was excellent; so full of flavour and cooked to perfection and breakfast was just as good, relaxed and very friendly staff. A magnificent country house hotel which still retains its heritage and oozes detail, charm and character. Whether you are looking for a short break or planning to find the ultimate and perfect wedding venue in Kent then Chilston Park should be given your top consideration. Thank you to all the lovely staff; we genuinely loved every moment and definitely will be back again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Cliff B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted that your stay was worthy of perfect scores in all aspects and I have shared these very positive ratings with all of the team here at Chilston Park.

May I thank you once again for your time and trouble in leaving us a review.

I am glad that the experience lived up to your expectations and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel very soon and for many more years to come to create many memories, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Reviewed 19 June 2023

We have just got back from travelling the entire UK and out of 15 hotels we stayed at Chilston Park was the best in every way and a lot of hotels in the UK could take a few tips.

When we arrived the weather was not great, we was met by the General Manager with an umbrella and he was happy to get wet carrying our cases (we are slightly older) so we could stay dry and he was such a charming young man. What a fantastic sign and arrival it immediately put us at ease. We then witnessed 4 members of staff welcome a mini bus of guests later that evening with a conveyor belt of umbrellas, this was very impressive to witness.

The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are impeccable. It truly is an understated hidden gem with flawless service. We are so happy we found it. We felt the staff genuinely cared for us. Matthew in the restaurant was charming and tended to our every need. Simon was just immaculate and utterly professional. Lottie and Morgan were also fantastic. It was the things we didn’t ask for that they did which were just so special.

The rooms are slightly dated and bathrooms are in need of an urgent update. The ground floor has recently had work done and it feels very luxurious. The experience as a whole was second to none despite the slightly tired rooms.

There are many things to do In the area, we visited Sissinghurst gardens, Leeds castle and Chapel down. Chilston could really benefit from having a Spa, we would have extended our stay if it had. Thank you to all the team at Chilston. We will definitely return soon.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tony R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Chilston Park Hotel and for the comments you have made. Your feedback is very helpful in helping me to understand how well we are meeting the expectations of our guests and I was pleased to read that your stay with us was successful and we created a memory for you both. Hopefully we can create many more moving forward.

I am so happy that you mentioned so many staff by name and I can assure you this feedback has been shared with these individuals and the team as a whole.

May I thank you once again for your time and trouble to review Chilston. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel very soon, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.

Reviewed 19 June 2023

Went for father's day 3 dads in the group asked for private room which we have had before and the service was very good if a little slow then but the service this time was not up to standard lots of staff but we had to keep asking for items that had not turned up like water etc. Some of the waiters/essess were lovely smiley,polite etc. But there was a waitress who was extremely sullen and miserable... she did not want to be there! And made it quite clear which didn't make for a nice afternoon credit where its due there was a very young man who was an absolute delight smiley and nothing was too much trouble.
Food was not bad had the roast chicken ..plenty of it and the others had the beef which they were all pleased with.
So this time the experience was a lack lustre disappointment I'm afraid .

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Poirret

Dear Poirret,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent visit to Chilston Park Hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows me to understand how we are meeting our guest's expectations and where we can make improvements. It is very disappointing that your experience was let down due to service. I can assure you this is not our normal high standards that are maintained as you will know from previos visits and our Food and Beverage Manager will be looking into this.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chilston Park Hotel in the not-too-distant future, please do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your future reservations.