Stayed at the GAH for 3 nights while visiting Galway. The hotel is on beautiful grounds overlooking the golf course and the Lough Corrib. Very picturesque. The front desk staff is very friendly and was very helpful in organizing tours and coming up with ideas for activities. The pub is cozy and has a nice selection of menu choices. Breakfast buffet w/hot food addition is adequate and included in the room price. Rooms are a good size, with very comfortable beds. A big plus is the complimentary water and the wifi which worked great.
Two things that would make this a true 5star hotel would be: 1. if it had a fitness center...while the grounds are lovely for a run, occasionally the weather does not help.
2. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the city centre and the taxis cost about 12-14 euro one way. would be great if the hotel operated a shuttle into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galways 5 star luxury Hotel is the ideal resort property for midweek or weekend breaks, weddings, family events, and corporate events. Just two miles/ 4 km from Galway city centre with ample parking and a 138 acre lake side golf estate. The unique 9 hole golf course is a par 72 parkland golf course with rolling hills, lakes and fabulous views of Lough Corrib. The ideal location for exploring Connemara and the West of Ireland - with superb dining options. The Oak Cellar Bar, situated in the main hotel is ideal for casual dining and it has a varied menu, lively atmosphere and cosy surroundings. The River Room Restaurant boasts elegant surroundings and old world charm. Breakfast is served here daily with view overlooking Lough Corrib and the estate. Three opulent and elegant reception rooms, the Ffrench Room, the Kentfield and the Reading Room where guests can enjoy a relaxing drink, our Abbey Signature Afternoon Tea, or take time out to relax and read the newspapers. The award winning Pullman Restaurant aboard the Orient Express in the estate grounds at the Glenlo Abbey Hotel offers a unique dining experience. Converted into a restaurant car maintaining its original character, these historic Pullman train carriages offer two dining rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Glenlo Abbey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenlo Abbey Bushypark
- Hotel Glenlo Abbey
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel County Galway, Ireland