“Would go back”
Review of Hilden Lodge

Hilden Lodge
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Lovely b+b which felt more like small hotel - best of both. Didn't feel like you were in someone's home, but still attentive service.
Room a little on the small side, but clean and with comfortable bed . Ensuite shower room compact, but again clean and tidy.
Were provided promptly with iron and board when requested.
Lovely breakfast, plenty of fruit, juice, cereals etc. Good cooked, with choice of eggs and option to drop items.
Would come back.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank twyfordfamily

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We needed somewhere to stay for two nights in order to attend a family funeral and having now returned home, I felt it important to leave a review. Wayne and Melissa were incredibly attentive hosts ensuring that our needs were met at all times. With an initial problem with the room, which was solved very quickly we settled into Hilden Lodge and felt very welcomed. Wayne and Melissa create a lovely atmostphere, with Melissa's fantastic homecooking being the particular highlight. Thank you!

Room Tip: The Denman Suite is perfect for a family of two adults, two children. Lovely little patio area outs...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CheekyBreak
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed for a post Christmas break with my partner and enjoyed it. To begin with, I was feeling a little apprehensive as I had booked over the phone and made the specific request that my partner should not know the cost of the room, as it was a surprise and was told I could pay them during my stay, I also had email confirmation. Anyway, when I got there I was met by the owner who said that wasn't the case and then blurted out how much it was. Off course this wasn't his fault as they've seem to be some miscommunication.
After that episode we were taken to our room and the room was clean and tidy but somewhat small. The cooked brekfast was excellent and the host couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. This is a very good base for exploring the Cotswolds.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have spent over 4 months in a number of rooms at Hilden Lodge. I would like to thank Garry and Dominique for always been friendly, helpful and willing to assist. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay for either a short or long perid of time. I particularly enjoyed the cooked breakfast each morning - although I'm suffering on the waist line! Thank you all very much.

Room Tip: I stayed in various rooms and found them all comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Hilden Lodge whilst exploring Cheltenham.

What a perfect B & B. The breakfasts were delicious, the rooms perfect and Garry & Dominique were extremely friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

Thank you for everything. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UkSunshine20
Reviewed 3 December 2011

A Great little find !!!....Stunning.......Spotless.....
We stayed in room 12 (ground floor front) we did panic due to the road but with no need,it was ok.lve seen people comment about the parking but if you can drive it's fine !!
We met Garry & Dominique in the morning and found them very helpful and a lovely couple(even remembered my call when l booked),and served up a Fab breakfast.
NB...Sorry Garry...Aberdeen is the Heliport......Inverness is the Bridge .
Many Thanks
Dave & Annie.

Room Tip: Great pub that does food down the road The Langton
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavyJonesDevonUk
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The Hilden Lodge was possibly the best B & B we stayed in while we were touring England. We stayed there late September and found the triple room upstairs spacious, very clean and tastefully appointed. The ensuite bathroom was also spacious and clean with toiletries provided. I would recommend to anyone with husband and 17 year old son in tow to book the triple room. My sister who was travelling with us was very pleased with her room located on the ground floor which had a double bed and ensuite. I can only confirm what others have said about Garry and Monique our hosts were so obliging, friendly and nothing was to much trouble-they recommended a lovely local pub to eat -and their brekkys were delicious. A big thumbs up from 4 Aussies!

Room Tip: Our upstairs triple room faced the road but the noise level was not a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham By Compass Hospitality
The Cheltenham Townhouse
The Cheltenham Townhouse
#6 of 69 in Cheltenham

Been to Hilden Lodge? Share your experiences!