“Good Indian restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Group of nine ate here one night as our hotel had no heating. Just turned up and they made us feel very welcome. Good food and helpful staff.
Would go again. Definately worth a visit.

1  Thank PETER L

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had the pleasure to visit this charming restaurant when visiting friends in Thaxted.We ordered from the takeaway menu and waited in the garden with drinks while it was being cooked>The staff were very pleasant and efficient.I ordered a king Prawn Dhansak with Pilau rice and a peshwari nan.I can honestly say this was the nicest food I have tasted in a long time.It was cooked to perfection and the spices were in the right quantity distribute evenly throughout.I would recomend this to anyone and will definately be visiting again when I am next in the area.

1  Thank Martin R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

visited restaurant on a Tuesday night really lovely restaurant in a nice setting food was above expectation with lovely flavours and the menu had a lot of variety. the prices were reasonable. and the staff attentive all in all a great find. My only complaint is that it is not nearer to where I live otherwise a brilliant place to eat and spend an evening.

1  Thank amazed649
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very authentic Indian food with lovely flavours and a superb menu with huge variety. The prices are very competitive and we even were treated to a complimentary drink at the end. Perfect service, attentive but not over the top.Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have used this restaurant on and off and it doesn't seemed to have changed much. I think its lucky it has little or no competition and the English national dish is curry.
I ordered a dish which I always have the other night and its normally a little dry from this place so o asked for extra sauce. Got the takeaway and drove 4 miles home. Unloaded all the families dinner and found to my amazement the sauce was only half full, not actually extra but less !! So I got in the car and drove back. They said that was a standard portion (half a tin foil dish) . I said if that's the case I wont be back. He said let me get you another one, I explained that I wanted my money back as now Dinner was ruined for everyone and I still have half of mine 4 miles away. He just didn't get it. hushed me out the door and said he would remember to treat me well next time. Never again will I use that restaurant. The dogs enjoyed the cold food though.

2  Thank cliff t