“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We tried this takeaway for the first time and have been left feeling very disappointed. We placed our order and were advised that our food would be ready in 30mins which we found acceptable. Nearly an hour later we were still waiting for our food without much of an apology. Other customers were being offered drinks etc, we however were not. When we finally got the food home, half of it was cold and all of it fairly bog standard Indian food. Nothing special.

2  Thank LittleMilli

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Group of nine ate here one night as our hotel had no heating. Just turned up and they made us feel very welcome. Good food and helpful staff.
Would go again. Definately worth a visit.

1  Thank PETER L
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had the pleasure to visit this charming restaurant when visiting friends in Thaxted.We ordered from the takeaway menu and waited in the garden with drinks while it was being cooked>The staff were very pleasant and efficient.I ordered a king Prawn Dhansak with Pilau rice and a peshwari nan.I can honestly say this was the nicest food I have tasted in a long time.It was cooked to perfection and the spices were in the right quantity distribute evenly throughout.I would recomend this to anyone and will definately be visiting again when I am next in the area.

1  Thank Mrfussyone
Reviewed 18 August 2013

visited restaurant on a Tuesday night really lovely restaurant in a nice setting food was above expectation with lovely flavours and the menu had a lot of variety. the prices were reasonable. and the staff attentive all in all a great find. My only complaint is that it is not nearer to where I live otherwise a brilliant place to eat and spend an evening.

1  Thank amazed649
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very authentic Indian food with lovely flavours and a superb menu with huge variety. The prices are very competitive and we even were treated to a complimentary drink at the end. Perfect service, attentive but not over the top.Highly recommended.