“Perfect Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jays Lodge

Jays Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grays Thurrock
Jays Lodge
“Perfect Night”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The individual rooms at this chalet style building are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We have stayed here on a couple of occasions each one has been excellent. There is the option to have a breakfast, which we did and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Uphollandlatic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Jays Lodge for one night whilst I was on a university placement and I was extremely impressed! The room met all my needs and was a breath of fresh air to come back to after a long day. The room was lovely and warm and spotlessly clean, I couldn't fault it! The owner gave me a very warm welcome, there was ample parking and the plot is beautiful. I thoroughly recommend Jays Lodge and will be passing on the details to all of my peers for future placements. Thank you!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Hannah W
boston
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here for work for one night and found it ideal for my needs.
I had a very small single room, however it had everything needed and a lovely ensuite. The room had a fridge as well as a kettle and there was access to a microwave in the communal hall.
There is plenty of parking and the building itself is lovely.
Whilst here for business I couldn't help but notice how great the location is for Lakeside should you wish to do some shopping.
The only issue I had was that the light in the bedroom had a constant green LED lit as part of the fire alarm system and it gave the whole room a glow, remember I was in a very small room, maybe in a bigger room it would be less light, anyway this seemed to disturb me as I woke several times in the night.
I would definitely revisit though and plan on doing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rachwBoston
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to come down to Essex for a Christmas shopping trip and found Jays Lodge, for £50 a night we thought was pretty good price for one evening. The room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed in it, some of the cups in the cupboard were dirty which wasn't great so we had to re wash them, but the bed is big and comfy. The only main downside is the walls are pretty thin, we were woken up by next door going to the loo 6 times in 30 minutes at 6am which left me struggling to get back to sleep, but that's not Margaret's fault. We gave the breakfast a miss so can't comment on that. But can't complain overall a good place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emmac C
Treorchy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We reciently stayed at Jays Lodge as we had a ball at Orsett hall. We did the same last year and this time did not dissapoint us either. The room is spotlessly clean and well looked after. The room has a bathroom and shower along with a mini kitchen which comprises of a microwave, fridge/freezer keyyle and sunk. Margaret keeps this well stocked with sponge, squeezy and tea towel. Tea/coffee and milk are also provided as well as soaps and shampoo in the bathroom. My daughter and I had a very comfortable stay. Margaret also provides a very good breakfast service for an additional charge which is very good. We found Margaret to be very helpfull and aproachable. We are also hoping to stay there next year too. Would highly recomend this accomodation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gobo7110
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a great B & B. Margaret was great, checked us in very quickly and promised the room next door would be my daughters' when she arrived the next day, the room was very clean and comfortable, the facilities were great, fridge, microwave and kettle. The breakfast was great, extra tea, coffee or toast if you required, and all for £50 for the room and £7.50 for breakfast, great value. Thankyou once again Margaret.

Room Tip: We had several friends staying and they all the same high quality.