“Cant believe it only has a two star rating!!!!!!”

Ibis London Thurrock
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grays Thurrock
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Once we actually found the hotel as there was no signs to follow and if you can negotiate the confusing car park then you will be fine. The reception, bar and reasturant area looked clean and modern. The reception staff were very friendly and delt with our check in very efficiently. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was slightly small but overall the room had everything we required. We decided to eat in the reasturant and was plesently surprised by the quality of the food. I can not believe that this hotel only has a two star rating as I have been to some two star rated hotels and they are nowhere near as nice as this hotel. We left the hotel at 5:30am but if we had wanted there was an extensive contential buffet style breakfast layed out which was very good for that time of the morning. I would recomend this hotel to any of my friends and family and we will deffinatley be coming back. My only slight moan is that the toilet has the longest, noisest flush I have ever experienced so just remember not to go to the loo in the middle of the night!.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma C
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis in Thurrock very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Thurrock

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Driving from Gretna to Dover is a bit too much to do safely in one go for one lone driver, so I decided to split my journey. The hotel is incredibly easy to find using Sat Nav, and the staff were all smiles and welcoming when I arrived. My room was beautiful, immaculate and warm. In fact, it was a bit too warm overnight, but that is just my preference for cold bedrooms. (Must be to do with growing up before the world and his wife had central heating). I never heard a single sound, and considering that there were lorries passing most of the night, that is a good achievement. It wasn't the cheapest hotel, but for the proximity to Thurrock Lakeside shopping centre (and Ikea for a great value breakfast!) I think the £70 a night for one person was just about acceptable. I loved the 'pod' shower room - totally immaculate and even the shower/shampoo gel was not those miniature things, but a full size one that was hanging in the shower ready for use. The fact that there is free Wi-Fi was the decider for me. Good selection of TV programmes for anyone who wanted it too.

Room Tip: I would imagine there is nothing to choose between any of them,
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis in Thurrock again very soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gary b

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at Ibis Thurrock for 8 weeks and i must say, the staffs made my family feel at home. Great decor at the lounge, they changed the old tvs to more better lcd wide screen display. Breakfast was great, super fast internet.

I'll rate my experience 4 star......Would return soonest!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with extra single bed if you have kids. Also request for new towels and fr regular cha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis in Thurrock.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Despite its location on an industrial estate beside the M25 Dartford Bridge, this hotel is surprisingly quiet (The triple glazing helps!) . If you must have the windows open they are quite large and the inner one simply swings around so beware it doesn't hit you while you're at the desk. Also remember to close it before you go to sleep or the activities outside will wake you rather early!

Ibis is a budget hotel, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the bar/restaurant has a good range of food and drink so you don't have to trek around looking for Frankie & Bennies or Cafe Rouge. Even the clientele were well-mannered.

I had to leave before full breakfast was officially served - they offer a continental breakfast from 4.30am - and I was pleased to find that at 5.30am they were laying out the full buffet so I did not have to make do with a croissant and a coffee.

You won't come here for the scenery, but if you are working in London, or en route to somewhere else, this hotel is cheap (and often fully-booked) and caters well for the basic needs of sleeping and eating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge Dartford
Travelodge Dartford
#6 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Ibis London Thurrock? Share your experiences!