“Brilliant Shower”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grays Thurrock
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Shower”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Yet again, Ibis is the best of the budget hotels. The shower was brilliant, the bed was big and we slept very well. The sound insulation is pretty impressive. It's the first time I've stayed at an Ibis that does breakfast but due to cost and it finishing at 10:00 we didn't try it.

Ample floor space, hanging space, a desk, a sofa thing and plug sockets for phone chargers close enough to both sides of the bed make it all you could need. It did smell a bit of stagnant water though although seemed clean enough.

Too many hotels don't have a detachable shower head, if you actually value being clean then this hotel won't disappoint.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Dartford crossing and we couldn't hear it so don't worry about it disturb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis in Thurrock again very soon.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

When I arrived I was greater by a less than enthusiastic receptionist and half instructed to my room, small room, however it was clean, that I will give credit for, all was going well till dinner, I will happily pay good money for a good meal
And likewise a low money for a budget meal, However being charged £11.95 for a pepperoni pizza which clearly was a £3.95 frozen Chicago town pepperoni feast pizza is a disgrace, I will never stay at a Ibis again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank winkie22
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed. I will raise your concerns with our food & Bevarage commitee at head office.

Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Grays Thurrock hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Once we actually found the hotel as there was no signs to follow and if you can negotiate the confusing car park then you will be fine. The reception, bar and reasturant area looked clean and modern. The reception staff were very friendly and delt with our check in very efficiently. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was slightly small but overall the room had everything we required. We decided to eat in the reasturant and was plesently surprised by the quality of the food. I can not believe that this hotel only has a two star rating as I have been to some two star rated hotels and they are nowhere near as nice as this hotel. We left the hotel at 5:30am but if we had wanted there was an extensive contential buffet style breakfast layed out which was very good for that time of the morning. I would recomend this hotel to any of my friends and family and we will deffinatley be coming back. My only slight moan is that the toilet has the longest, noisest flush I have ever experienced so just remember not to go to the loo in the middle of the night!.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma C
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis in Thurrock very soon.

Gretna Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Driving from Gretna to Dover is a bit too much to do safely in one go for one lone driver, so I decided to split my journey. The hotel is incredibly easy to find using Sat Nav, and the staff were all smiles and welcoming when I arrived. My room was beautiful, immaculate and warm. In fact, it was a bit too warm overnight, but that is just my preference for cold bedrooms. (Must be to do with growing up before the world and his wife had central heating). I never heard a single sound, and considering that there were lorries passing most of the night, that is a good achievement. It wasn't the cheapest hotel, but for the proximity to Thurrock Lakeside shopping centre (and Ikea for a great value breakfast!) I think the £70 a night for one person was just about acceptable. I loved the 'pod' shower room - totally immaculate and even the shower/shampoo gel was not those miniature things, but a full size one that was hanging in the shower ready for use. The fact that there is free Wi-Fi was the decider for me. Good selection of TV programmes for anyone who wanted it too.

Room Tip: I would imagine there is nothing to choose between any of them,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
THURIBIS, Manager at Ibis London Thurrock, responded to this review, 14 April 2014

Kind regards.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at Ibis Thurrock for 8 weeks and i must say, the staffs made my family feel at home. Great decor at the lounge, they changed the old tvs to more better lcd wide screen display. Breakfast was great, super fast internet.

I'll rate my experience 4 star......Would return soonest!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with extra single bed if you have kids. Also request for new towels and fr regular cha...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis in Thurrock.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grays Thurrock
Travelodge Dartford
Travelodge Dartford
#6 of 7 in Dartford
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford

Been to Ibis London Thurrock? Share your experiences!