DeSalis Hotel
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Got there late at night via taxi, they were slightly slow on reception but friendly.
Huuuuge room with okayish bathroom - to be honest we were only using it as a base prior to our flight.
Good deal on transfer to the airport in the morning - would recommend as a base to fly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I AM NOT A COMPLAINER BUT THIS PLACE TOOK THE BISCUIT!

1 - poorly signed and difficult to find.
2- the car park has tight spaces and is extremely difficult to park in
3 -you will have to drag you cases from your car across thick gravel
4-reception was initially unmanned until someone from the kitchen
behind it noticed we were waiting
5-we were told there was a 'leak' and would be moved to a partner hotel (clearly they were just full)
6- the 'locally renowned' Italian restaurant was appalling and served microwaved food/frozen chips
7-The partner hotel was a horrible B&B with printed number plates as a sign
8- No one from the hotel had told them to expect us or passed on our name
9- we were given a room with a communal bathroom
10- the cell block we were sent to had no security, there was no reception and anyone could walk in from the street
11- the bed was creaky with a thin (12cm) mattress
12- we were expecting internet, WiFi and a trouser press, none of these were available
13-Did I mention the bed was creaky, every time one of us moved the other woke up
14- we had to leave our car at the other hotel 5km away, so in the morning had to throw away the clothes we were wearing the night before because our cases wee full and we couldn't pop them in the car as planned :(

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GTosh
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I booked a twin room with parking the night before an early flight from Stansted. The first thing we noticed were the bizarre and quite frankly creepy murals all over the walls, these really have to be seen to be believed. The staff barely speak English, don't appear to know what they're doing and don't seem to care. When we got to our room we found it was a double, so back to reception to complain. We were given another room, also a double. Third time lucky, we finally got the twin we'd booked.

The rest of the hotel is very dated and has an unnerving feel to it, I kept joking that our arrival late at night to be confronted by creepy murals, dated decor and peculiar staff was like the opening scene from an 80s horror film.

We were sitting in the lounge area when one of the staff went through a door with a yellowing curtain covering it into a room and proceeded to smoke a cigarette. She didn't shut the door so the lounge quickly smelt of smoke...

Our room was clean enough and the transfer the next morning went without incident, but I was concerned about leaving my car there.

On our return the guy picked us up from the airport quickly and we went to find my car - it had done nearly 20 miles in the week we were away. I went to reception to ask where it had been and the girl behind the desk couldn't have cared less about my concerns. She finally told me that they use the parking facility at another hotel so it may have been driven there. Whilst this may well be true I should have been made aware of this at the time of booking or handing my keys over, the car was brand new the week before I went away and I am not happy that it had been driven so far without my knowledge.

As we left the hotel all the staff were sitting around a picnic bench outside the front door eating fast food and smoking - that final image just about sums up the lack of professionalism of this dreadful place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at the DeSalis Hotel and had two rooms booked but upon arrival was told the showers didn't work so they put us in a double roomed suite with an adjoining bathroom. The walls were in need of new paint and the main entrance was being painted with some sort of art that may only appease the artist! The lighting in the bathroom consisted of two small lights which gave the appearance of stepping into a cave. I would spend some more time looking at other hotels if you are flying out of Stansted.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Left the car there for 10 days , was taken to the airport upon return was picked up within 10 minutes of phoning them, given a nice room which was clean and looked after. had a good nights sleep then drove my car home and all for 85 quid . it costs you &70 to leave your car in the long stay for a week so for &15 more you get a room for the night . well worth doing and when we left the car park was packed so they must be doing something right. breakfast was a winner as well &8.50 for the full English which was very nice.

Room Tip: room 27 was satisfactory in April 2014
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple