“Good nights rest”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elsenham
Bat Yam, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good nights rest”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great place to stay if you have a flight to catch the next day.
Food in the restaurant is a bit expensive but I guess its hotel prices, the food was nice though and a good portion.
Unfortunately my room was next door to the entrance hall so was a bit noisy, but when I did drop off I had a great nights sleep and felt refreshed in the morning.
They also have a collect and drop off service to the airport so quite convenient.
I would stay here again the next time I am flying from Stansted.

Room Tip: Don't be near to the entrance hall!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Kings Lynn
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We chose to stay at the DeSalis for an overnight stop and parking prior to our holiday flying from Stanstead. Whilst the trip to the airport cost £4.50pp each way, the overall cost at under £85 for the two of us could not be beaten.
Service wise...we chose to eat at the hotel in the evening. I asked if the tuna pasta came with a tomato sauce...'yes' was the answer.....it came with a creamy sauce.
Our alarm call at 3am did not happen, however the pickup in both directions was timely albeit a little overcrowded on the trip to the airport.
The room was comfortable and the parking on site.
Would we chose to stay here again. Maybe.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A one night stay here in May was very disappointing. The hotel could be ideal for Stansted travellers, it is 10 minutes from the terminal, set in the countryside, a modern building, good sized rooms and bathrooms, free wifi, airport shuttle, fly-away parking, and low rates.
But the list of benefits does not ultimately overcome the problems: a comfortable bed spoilt by two small hard pillows; a bathroom with a sink plug that didn't work and a broken shower control; wifi that only worked in the lobby; bizarre decor; super-expensive snacks; an erratic shuttle/taxi service which I heard quoted at several different prices; lost/mislaid car keys that took 40 minutes to find when I returned; the absence of any apology; chaotic staff who did not seem to know what they were doing; an abrupt attitude to guests that bordered on rudeness.
My suggestion is to spend a little more and use one of the nearby well-known-chain hotels. A pity, this could be ideal if better run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Elsenham hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I must admit that after booking our room and parking, some of the negative reviews made me think that I had made a mistake. Still it was only for one night so we'd be able to grin and bear it. Hotel was easy to find using their directions. Parking was a bit of an effort but eventually found a spot. Check in was simple. Yes, the murals are a bit strange but then we weren't planning on staying in the restaurant. Room was huge, clean with some great features - especially the spa bath - great to relax in after a long drive. Transfers were on time and drivers really friendly. I can't see what all the fuss from pthers was about

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Got there late at night via taxi, they were slightly slow on reception but friendly.
Huuuuge room with okayish bathroom - to be honest we were only using it as a base prior to our flight.
Good deal on transfer to the airport in the morning - would recommend as a base to fly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I AM NOT A COMPLAINER BUT THIS PLACE TOOK THE BISCUIT!

1 - poorly signed and difficult to find.
2- the car park has tight spaces and is extremely difficult to park in
3 -you will have to drag you cases from your car across thick gravel
4-reception was initially unmanned until someone from the kitchen
behind it noticed we were waiting
5-we were told there was a 'leak' and would be moved to a partner hotel (clearly they were just full)
6- the 'locally renowned' Italian restaurant was appalling and served microwaved food/frozen chips
7-The partner hotel was a horrible B&B with printed number plates as a sign
8- No one from the hotel had told them to expect us or passed on our name
9- we were given a room with a communal bathroom
10- the cell block we were sent to had no security, there was no reception and anyone could walk in from the street
11- the bed was creaky with a thin (12cm) mattress
12- we were expecting internet, WiFi and a trouser press, none of these were available
13-Did I mention the bed was creaky, every time one of us moved the other woke up
14- we had to leave our car at the other hotel 5km away, so in the morning had to throw away the clothes we were wearing the night before because our cases wee full and we couldn't pop them in the car as planned :(

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GTosh
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I booked a twin room with parking the night before an early flight from Stansted. The first thing we noticed were the bizarre and quite frankly creepy murals all over the walls, these really have to be seen to be believed. The staff barely speak English, don't appear to know what they're doing and don't seem to care. When we got to our room we found it was a double, so back to reception to complain. We were given another room, also a double. Third time lucky, we finally got the twin we'd booked.

The rest of the hotel is very dated and has an unnerving feel to it, I kept joking that our arrival late at night to be confronted by creepy murals, dated decor and peculiar staff was like the opening scene from an 80s horror film.

We were sitting in the lounge area when one of the staff went through a door with a yellowing curtain covering it into a room and proceeded to smoke a cigarette. She didn't shut the door so the lounge quickly smelt of smoke...

Our room was clean enough and the transfer the next morning went without incident, but I was concerned about leaving my car there.

On our return the guy picked us up from the airport quickly and we went to find my car - it had done nearly 20 miles in the week we were away. I went to reception to ask where it had been and the girl behind the desk couldn't have cared less about my concerns. She finally told me that they use the parking facility at another hotel so it may have been driven there. Whilst this may well be true I should have been made aware of this at the time of booking or handing my keys over, the car was brand new the week before I went away and I am not happy that it had been driven so far without my knowledge.

As we left the hotel all the staff were sitting around a picnic bench outside the front door eating fast food and smoking - that final image just about sums up the lack of professionalism of this dreadful place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elsenham
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to DeSalis Hotel? Share your experiences!