“Not good...”

Stansted Lodge Aspen
Ranked #1 of 1 Elsenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Even that it's cheap; not good review.
There's no transportation to/from the airport, so you will expect to pay 15pounds from the airport, if you want to go to London, a 15-20min walk to the train station and from there 1'15" hour. (imagine that raining and cold).
The man in charge was friendly but always with a strong smell of alcohol.
The breakfast, poor, very poor... Do not wait more that milk, bread, jelly and instant coffee. Noise beds and you can hear everything, I mean everything from the room next door.

Room Tip: If you want to visit London, not a good place. the money that you save in this place you will double...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Milton Q
There are newer reviews for Stansted Lodge Aspen

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Near to airport and train station! Love the homely feel of the lodge as well, nice rooms. We stayed the nights before and after our trip to Italy, both nights arriving late. We need to take taxi from airport to the lodge which cost £15 but a hot shower n bed after travelling, just 15 mins from airport, was awesome! The lodge provides service at £6 pp to n fro airport but only till 9pm. Self service continental breakfast starting from 3.45am as well, and we got dropped at elsenham train station free of charge the next day. The station is about10-15 mins walking distance from the lodge, and we got to london liverpool street by train in 55 mins. But we were charged £1 per day per piece for luggagge storage at the lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I chose this spot because it was inexpensive accommodation near Stansted Airport, and I had an early flight. The place was musty and there were air fresheners placed so as to mask odors. No help at all. My room was at the front, and the owner operates a taxi service so there was a bit of rude awakening from the sleep I was trying to get. The owner was pleasant enough, the breakfast (I never got to take advantage of that cereal, yum) self-serve. You would never have found this spot based on the map at bookings.com. A good spot for the Spartan and hard of hearing only.

Room Tip: Do not choose the front/street facing room if at all possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Triphora
Reviewed 8 April 2013

With a wedding situated locally, my partner and I booked 2 nights in a double ensuite room. Upon arrival we struggled to find the lodge as our booking online didnt tell us that it was also known as Aspens. However we were shown to the bottom of a garden where there was a wooden lodge! We were surprised to see how spacy and homely it was, and decorated so beautifully with the panelled wood. With our own kitchenette and bathroom, the 2 nights really were a home from home. Would stay again.
The only minor issue was the noise, as the airport was not far, but was not disturbed at all during the night (only in the morning by the nearby cockrell!!)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have stayed at Stansted Lodge overnight because of my 6am flight to Stockholm the morning after. The facilities were clean, there was breakfast and coffee available even at 3:45 in the morning, and the very nice and helpful staff picked me up from the train station and also drove me to the airport at 4am which helped smooth the otherwise-uncomfortable trip immensely.

It is not expensive (I booked directly on their web page), clean, warm (an important thing - a lot of B&Bs in England aren't), and the staff are very friendly. It is quiet and allows to catch several hours' worth of good sleep before a flight. Very recommended.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small, which did not bother me in the least. If you feel the need for a large spac...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I haven't been in many b&bs in England but I've seen my share and let me tell you- Aspen stansted lodge is one of the best I've stayed. Besides great location, not far from airport they are truly helpful, polite and make you feel like your @ home. Price is great, rooms are EXCELLENT....what else could you want :-) PS! They feed you like your grandmother. 12 points from Estonia goes to Stansted lodge .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We arrived there after a long travel by bus and the owner was there to pick up us and another Italian girl and take us to the hotel.
She was very kind and helpful both in the evening and the next morning, when at 4am she took us back to the airport.
The room was very nice and clean with tea available and sat-tv.
Also at 4 we were able to have breakfast in a very nice kitchen, always available for guests!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elsenham
Avalon Stansted Lodge
Avalon Stansted Lodge
#1 of 2 in Elsenham
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Novotel London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Elsenham Lodge
Elsenham Lodge
#1 of 1 in Elsenham

Been to Stansted Lodge Aspen? Share your experiences!