It was a pity I read about the financial problems here but the new team are making a difference.
Only a brief summary as I have stayed here quite a few times before and to me it's still good. Rooms are good, up stairs in the older part of the hotel the rooms are larger and a little bit more like suites. The rooms downstairs are still good but the views are more limiting as the face the car park or back of the building. If you want to wake up and look out over the deer park ask for a front upstairs room.
Food is very good and enjoy the cooked breakfast, it's really good and cooked fresh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitworth Hall is a 29 bedroom hotel offering relaxation and tranquility with views over the deer park and local countryside. The Library restaurant serves evening meals from 6pm whilst our Brasserie is open from 12 noon daily. The hotel serves a very popular afternoon tea every day either in the Garden Room or the Lounge Bar, if you are fortunate with the weather you can even sit on the patio or lawns for afternoon tea or a nice Pimms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel Spennymoor
- Best Western Hotel Durham
- Best Western Durham
- Durham Best Western
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel Spennymoor, Durham