We had a great 2 night stay, the staff are lovely and very willing to share time with you explaining the history of the house and the recent financial difficulties.
A lovely long entrance from the road, passing a large fishing lake, church and plenty of deer all with-in the grounds of the hotel
Our room was very spacious as was the bathroom and clean
Buffet cold breakfast (good selection) followed by cooked breakfast as required.
The feel of the place is great - lots of nooks and crannies! you feel you could be on a period drama film set, yes there are a few bits that need attending ie patches a bit warn in the carpet but this did not effect a really lovely stay
Great location for visiting Durham and Beamish - yet the peace and quiet of the countryside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitworth Hall is a 29 bedroom hotel offering relaxation and tranquility with views over the deer park and local countryside. The Library restaurant serves evening meals from 6pm whilst our Brasserie is open from 12 noon daily. The hotel serves a very popular afternoon tea every day either in the Garden Room or the Lounge Bar, if you are fortunate with the weather you can even sit on the patio or lawns for afternoon tea or a nice Pimms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel Spennymoor
- Best Western Hotel Durham
- Best Western Durham
- Durham Best Western
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel Spennymoor, Durham