“Fabulous lunch!”

The Green Tree
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Spennymoor
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Green Tree Country Pub & Restaurant is a traditional English country Inn situated in picturesque Tudhoe Village, the gateway to the beautiful Wear Valley district and is still only three miles from Durham City. Come into our cosy oak beamed Bar and warm yourself against our open fire. It's just the perfect spot to start your visit to The Green Tree, whether you've had a hard day at work, been sight seeing or you've just completed one of our many popular walks. Enjoy our Cask Marque Traditional Ales with new and refreshing brews each week.For those special occasions a meal in our Restaurant is an occasion not to be missed. Choose from our wide and varied menu. We're sure you'll find something to tempt you, however we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment as dining in the Restaurant is very popular. The Restaurant is a lovely location for Weddings, Christenings ,Business Events/Corporate away-days or just your Special Occasion !The Green Tree has a wonderful outdoor setting for photographs and is used by many photographers seeking a true Country Pub setting for the occasion.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I took our two friends to the Green Tree for a celebratory lunch, we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady, who could not do enough to help us. The pub itself is a very traditional, warm and welcoming country pub. The menu provided an extensive choice that would suit most people. I chose the chicken breast, with homemade blue cheese sauce. It was absolutely delicious, as were the accompanying homemade 'real' chips! My husband went for the gammon, whilst our friends decided on the steak stroganoff and chicken breast with garlic sauce. Each dish looked divine.
We will definitely be back!

2  Thank mrsme45

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The pub, staff, and food were all amazing.
We had the beef, mash was a lovely texture, roast potatoes and lots of veg, lastly lashings of gravy.
A big thanks for lovely food and service.

3  Thank tracy d
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Real local village pub with restaurant. Sunday lunch is very good, portion size, choice of meat, hot well cooked fresh vegetables, service. Good choice of starters and sweets. Would recommend it

4  Thank Paul2378
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently visited the Green Tree for a family meal and was very impressed. The staff couldn't do enough to help us and the food was superb (especially the real chips!) The spacious beer garden out the back of the pub was a huge hit with the children too, we'll definitely be back!

3  Thank MrsB231
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I have visited this pub lots of times and I have reviewed it before and rated it very good. I just wonder though if the standard is slipping? There is the usual perennial problem of service - just one person serving a bar and restaurant which can mean long delays. But also on this occasion I didn't think the food was as well-cooked as before – my battered cod was distinctly ordinary - and surely a pub like this should be selling more than one cask beer, and get a proper tap handle for the one they do have rather than a scribbled note.

8  Thank Les H