“A highly recommended B&B”

Deneview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Consett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is the first review I have ever put on tripadvisor but if anywhere warrants it Deneview does. This is a most welcoming and accommodating B&B, nothing seems to be too much trouble for Catherine to make sure that your stay is comfortable. We stayed for four nights on a short break while visiting the area, but now I'm aware of how close it is to the C2C I'll be planning a return. Excellent accommodation and excellent hosts.
Les & Tina Morgan

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here for one night ! Room lovely and spacious, excellent ensuite. Bikes safely stored in garage and parking for support vehicle. Catherine made us feel very welcome even providing spray for my husband's sore back!!! Would recommend .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MOOTEY
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed for the last night of our offroad C2C trip. Catherine was very welcoming, despite us arriving filthy, and had the garage open for us before we got our helmets off! Our twin room was clean, modern and spacious. Good quality shower and bathroom. Certainly wouldn't hesitate to come back - recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed in this B&B for one night as a stop off whilst completing the coast to coast cycle ride. The room I stayed in was big, clean and well presented. My bike was safely stored in a big locked garage at the back of the property. The host Catherine was welcoming and friendly and cooks a mean breakfast to set you up for another day on the road! We travelled into Durham for a spot of shopping and food on the evening we stayed as it is only around 12 miles away. I would stay again without hesitation!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Many thanks, Catherine, for making our stay enjoyable. Your B&B is comfortable, spotless, warm and friendly. We will certainly recommend you to our friends.
Anne and peter Revill

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here for six months whilst working in the area. It was like a home away from home. Very clean and tidy, Very comfortable. Excelent choice of breakfasts to suit ever dietry need. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I can not praise Deneview enough. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area or for that matter if I was within 30 miles of here. One of the best B&Bs I have ever come across.

Room Tip: All the rooms I used were very good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 166GJK
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Having just returned from a three day week end visit to the North East of England to visit family, I felt I should add a review of Cathrine and David's Bed and Breakfast accomodation in Castleside.
Superb room, in which we both slept better than we do at home in our own bed,nothing was too much trouble for our host's, good off road parking behind the property.
Ideal for anyone visiting the area and such good value for money, which is so important these days.
My wife and I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again, and would urge anyone else considering Deneview, that they wouldnt be dissapointed.
Well done Cathrine and David.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family