“Great for families that don't like the same food !”
Review of Tiger Bills Kitchen Consett - CLOSED

Tiger Bills Kitchen Consett
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tiger Bills Kitchen is a casual dining restaurant suitable for Families, couples, parties, private dining, entertaining, corporate clients.We serve Thai Street Food along side American Grill. We are proud to be a local restaurant, and pride ourselves on using the best of local companies. This helps us create the perfect community restaurant. Our dinner menu has all the favourites you'd expect. We also have a children's menu. Our drinks menu has a wide choice of Beers, wines, spirits and cocktails. You can book tables either on our website, or over the phone.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We often struggle to find a restaurant where everyone is catered for as my family are fussy, the good thing about Tiger Bills is there is something for everyone. All the food was good and I was impressed with the Thai side, the green curry was the nicest In a while...Vince our waiter was lovely. Will definitely return. They also do take away and are going to start a delivery service soon.

RachelSouthwood, TigerBillsHQ at Tiger Bills Kitchen Consett, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Sparklehorse

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit and food (I love the curries too!) and that Vince looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had heard good reports of this restaurant and was expecting to really enjoy my meal, but I was rather disappointed in the end.
I went at lunchtime with two friends. We were shown to a table close to a group of young men who were rather boisterous and loud. As we wanted to chat ourselves, we had to ask to be moved to a quieter table. Not a good start!
The food itself was OK, though Thai and Tex-Mex seems like a strange combination. My main grouse is that the chicken filling for the fajitas that I ordered was swimming in grease and had little content apart from the chicken itself and onions. It was accompanied by tiny portions of dips - guacamole, sour cream and salsa. Compared to other Tex-Mex restaurants such as TGI Fridays, I enjoyed this a lot less. My friends, who had ordered Thai food, enjoyed their meals more than I did.
Considering it was fairly quiet in the restaurant, there was a distinct lack of attentive service. When we wanted to order coffees, I had to go and find the waitress in the kitchen. Overall, rather disappointing.

Hi iangemini

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that certain things weren't up to your standards. They aren't up to ours, either, and we can only apologise and learn from your feedback. We very much hope that you will give us another chance soon to prove that this is not the norm for us.

Thank you.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Booked in with a 15 strong rabble for my dad's 70th. Mix of kids and adults. Staff were great and very welcoming. Due to the time of night we went there was room to give us our own section (probably best due to our noise).
The starters were ok, some of the deep fried ones were average but the sweet potato fries were amazing. Everybody commented on them. Chicken satay (especially the chunky dip) was also good.
Drinks were very good. Lovely Thai beer on draught and bottle. Great choice of non alcoholic cocktails which also didn't cost a fortune like in some places. My mam has been there twice and loves the piña colada in the hollowed out pineapple. Very nice.
The kids liked the burgers which seemed ok but the steaks looked excellent. The T-bone was great and you got a lot for your money. All steaks were cooked as ordered. Most of the group stuck with the array of Thai curries. All were very good with myself having the massaman. It was as good as any I've had in the restaurants in Newcastle City centre. One thing I thought was that would have been nice would have been a small bit of salad and lime wedges on the side to dress the plates a bit (small point I know).
We brought our own cake which they were happy with as it was a birthday. I have known some places be funny due to maybe not making money on puds but most people had coffees anyway.
Overall it's a spacious place and can accommodate all types of parties. It's a chain but very nice to see a different take on things. I couldn't fault Vince and the other staff who I was very impressed with. Give it a go and try something Thai if you haven't before.
Thanks, Ian, Gateshead.

2  Thank Ian T
RachelSouthwood, Tiger Bills HQ at Tiger Bills Kitchen Consett, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi Ian

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you and your lovely big group filling the restaurant with fun and laughter - just what we love to see/hear!

Thank you also for all your feedback on the food and the drinks. We love the sweet potato fries and the curries too. In fact, I quite often order them together!

The T-bone is a recent addition to the menu, so it's good to see that you were impressed by that.

Ian, we can't wait to welcome you back to Tiger Bills, when we hope to get that elusive last star from you!

Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

2nd visit. New much improved menu. Excellent service v friendly staff one waiter in particular really entertained our young son - he's a definite asset to the place! Food delicious we'll be back soon

Hi Mammabear15

Thank you for your lovely review. We are thrilled that you had a good time on your second visit and that our team looked after you (we have an inkling who you might have singled out, but they are all brilliant!). We lookforward to welcoming you back, when we hope to eke that final star out of you!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went here early on a Friday night, the restaurant was pretty quiet. The menu is split into Thai or American, 1 of us opted for the Thai and the rest the American. I had the ultimate burger which consisted off Burger, chicken, pulled pork, bacon and cheese. There was hardly any pork, the burger was not the best. The chicken bacon and cheese were fine. Overall a disappointing ultimate burger. The other American dishes were ok. The Thai dish was from the specials menu and seemed to go down the best out of all the meals. The waiter (Vincent) was friendly and helpful although he did keep winking at us. The meal was overpriced for what it was have had better meals fro less cost

2  Thank thecrazy88
RachelSouthwood, Tiger Bills HQ at Tiger Bills Kitchen Consett, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hi

We were sad to read your review. Obviously our Thai food gets talked about most often because it is a little different, but we put just as much effort and love into our Western Grill offerings.Your feedback has been passed to the kitchen and to our Vincent - thank you on both counts.

We very much hope that you will give us another try when we will do our very best to show you that standards are high throughout the whole menu.

Once again, our apologies.