“Oodles!”

Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Consett
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An authentic Thai restaurant & take-away. Simple but beautiful and healthy food priced at only £4.00 For a regular meal which includes gluten free noodles.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Have been here twice now. Thai food is not really my preference I have tried two different dishes and wasn't really keen on either, although these were well cooked. However saying that if you like Thai food I'm sure this is the place to be and it's really good value for the money.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and very attentive. The place is lovely, really nicely decorated and a very warming welcoming atmosphere.

I suggest you give it a try. I will be back to probably try other items on the menu to see if there's anything that suits my taste buds better.

So all in all not my taste, but a very good take away. I agree with the comment I would have preferred rice with some of the dishes as an option.

Great for Consett and well done team :o)
PS it's an average off me for food but that's me I'm sure if you like this type of cuisine it's going to be 5 star. 5 Star for everything else.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just love this place. We are closer to the sister restaurant Thai Delights in Annfield Plain but the menu is slightly different and I prefer Consett, although would be nice to have a couple of Rice option dishes. The Phad Thai is really good, with heat at the buyers preference, although if you like medium I would suggest you buy hot. We have had 4 or 5 of the dishes so far (alway Pad Thai + 1), plus wings and spring rolls at different times, and have never yet been disappointed. There will always be a wait as everything is prepared so always worth ordering by phone and collecting. Definitely the No 1 takeout on my speeddial.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

i have had no1 no2 no 12 and spring rolls from the menu.. not All together I might add... Food is delicious and u get a warm welcome. I look forward to working my way through the menu :-)

3  Thank 2joanie
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Most fabulous take away ever. Delicious and reasonable price. A welcome change to other take always in the area. Even better than the nearby Thai resturant/diner. Brilliant

2  Thank Nichola C
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Called in for a quick takeaway lunch with the husband and wasn't disappointed, got one portion of pad gra pow and one masaman chicken curry. Both were served hot with soft noodles, portion of prawn crackers and can of Pepsi for only £4.50 each. Side orders of chicken wings and spring rolls added to our meal made it £12 in total, well worth the price. Will definitely return here!

2  Thank natttttalie