“Consistently great food, exceptional service and lively atmosphere”
Review of The Pavillion

The Pavillion
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Consett
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ideal for special occasions or a casual get together with friends and family. The set meal options offer an excellent choice of tasty dishes and are fantastic value for money. Have eaten there many times and can always rely on them to meet their high standards. The crispy duck pancakes are the best I have had anywhere and come to mention it, the prawn crackers take a lot of beating!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had not been here for years but we need not have worried as the quality and service are still the best for miles and miles around. Better than Stowell St I reckon. Lunch prices are very good even at the weekends. The pace of service is incredibly well done and efficient. Never felt rushed or neglected although the place was busy. The food is beautifully presented and tastes wonderful. It is lovely to share a table with lots of people and all order something different. My very favourites were the crispy wan tuns and sweet and sour pork. But all of it was faultless and delicious. All the ingredients are just right , never a bit of meat that is less than sweet and tender and never a veg that is not succulent or crunchy as it should be. This place has been going for years and it is some achievement to keep doing it so consistently well.

1  Thank LizzieKayy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was a special meal in celebration of our Son's graduation and I have to say this is one of the best Asian meals I have ever had. I am not a lover of Asian food, but following this meal I may be converted!

From the crispy duck, chicken and sweetcorn soup, fillet steak and ginger or the sizzling steak with black bean sauce, it was all superb (no I didn't eat all that, but we kept on trying each others - it was that good!)

The service we received was absolutely spot on, attentive, without being pushy or getting in the way.

The cost was reasonable for the quality of the food - certainly not cheap, but worth what we paid. I've certainly paid a lot more for food that was no where near as good.

This is a justifiably popular restaurant which you will need to travel to as its part way between Lanchester and Leadgate however there were plenty of people while we were there who were collecting takeaway meals - all nicely presented in a carry away box

From being the type of person who would prefer not to eat at an Asian restaurant, I would readily go back in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

If you have not visited The Pavillion, I suggest that you do.

The menu choice and food is excellent. The staff can't do enough to help.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

What is there to say about the Pavilion that has not already been said by a hundred other revues?
I will give you my experience- First -I have been eating here for years- Second- I have never had a bad meal -ever. Third- I have recommended this restaurant to dozens of people who-equally have never had a bad meal.
I love the Chinese people they do everything right whether it be food .fireworks or festivals -to be fair the Pavilion is unrivalled in Co Durham for size and capacity-meaning.that.however large your party they will always fit you in (you need to book)
I will be there this coming Sunday for a birthday celebration,I have no concerns which , when booking a restaurant ,can be a bit of a lottery.
I know the food will be excellent,the service unobtrusive -how do I know? because that is the way it has been for years.
Its fair to say that the prices are more than one might expect to pay in a Chinese restaurant- but this is not an ordinary Chinese restaurant- you get what you pay for.
A celebration for two is given equal service to that of a large party- book with confidence- but take a taxi- part of the service is that you will be offered liquors on the house.