Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
US$82
Ibis Plymouth(Plymouth)
US$68
US$66
Kitley House Hotel(Yealmpton)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Restaurant
US$80
  • Restaurant
1,914 results
All reviewsgallery restauranthot tubfudgeroyal suitecourtyard roomfour postermain buildingbeautiful hotelsteeped in historycoffee machinesublime sundaybirthday treaton arrivalwedding partylittle touchesevery member of stafffantastic stay
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I find myself staying over in Plymouth reasonably often and have struggled to find somewhere decent. My search is over! I have stayed at Boringdon twice and been very pleased both times. Good rooms, free wifi, good breakfast, good location off the the main road and from the city. There is not much more to say.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OJFUK
BeckyHigginson, General Manager at Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear OJFUK

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you have finally found us! If you are staying on business on a regular basis make sure you call direct and let us know you have stayed before as your are now part of our privilege club which entitles you to discounted rates and special offers. I look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went to Plymouth for a Golden Wedding anniversary and booked the Boringdon. From start to finish our short stay was a great success. Hadn't booked a ground floor room as I thought, the reception staff immediately moved us to the ground floor with no fuss.
Had a wonderful meal in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised at the cost. All the staff we interacted with were very good, the buildings and their history are very interesting. Despite the fact there were events going on it seemed as though we were the most important guests, no mean feat with a wedding on the Saturday. Very good value and a great base to explore Devon & Cornwall we will revisit.

Room Tip: Rooms out of the main building during the Wedding season
1  Thank Steve D

Dear Steve D

Thank you for choosing to share such a special anniversary with us at Boringdon Hall and I am pleased we were able to help make it special for you. It is lovely to read that the staff look after you so well and hopefully we will have the fortune of welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A breathtaking old building with all the modern amenities and lovely helpful friendly staff.
Comfortable room with wifi and great towels!
Breakfast was spot on, excellent poached eggs and bacon.
Just splendid. We will be back!
Julia

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one.
1  Thank Julia C

Dear Julia C

Thank you for your wonderful review, I will agree even after all this time the building is still breath-taking to me! When you are looking to return just remember to contact us directly and let us know that you have stayed before as you are now part of our loyalty club which entitles you to discounted rates and special offers. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked a night at this hotel in February. I complained when I left the following day, and the manager called me within a few days assuring me that we could have a complimentary stay & the staff would email to confirm when we would like to return..........it is now late June.
I would rather gouge my own eyes out with a spoon than stay here again.
Here is a brief rundown of why you should not part with money to stay here..

1) the luxury four poster room we paid for had plaster missing from one of the window reveals & there were obviously problems with the roof because when it rained, water poured only the windowsill & splashed over items left on the dressing table.
2) the handmade chocolates depicted on the website, were not an a plate& just lovingly made by the chef, but in a box with a plastic lid & obviously bought from somewhere else
3) the food was shockingly bad. Having returned both the in edible starters, one would expect some concern from the kitchen / or chef .... But no, we were brought our main courses with fashionable chips in a stack - they were cremated on one side & also inedible
4) though the staff were friendly & they advertised pre dinner cocktails at the bar... The bar man couldn't make a decent Mojito, not exactly a great challenge

Room Tip: Just don't go there - find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jim P

Dear Jim P

I am sorry for the miscommunication. The offer of a complimentary nights stay is valid for one year and all you needed to do was let us know the dates that you wanted to stay and we would book it in and send you the confirmation. I am sorry that your original stay was not up to standard and I am sorry that there was a breakdown in communication as to who was meant to be contacting who.

The manager that dealt with this originally has now left the company but If you would like to discuss it further with me then please do not hesitate to contact myself on manager@boringdonhall.co.uk

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A lovely old hotel but with all the modern amenities you would expect from a top class hotel. Pleasant staff who were very attentive. The bedroom was bright, clean and spacious with good quality furniture. The only downside were that the pillows were a little flat (however, if I had contacted housekeeping I am sure they would have been changed). An excellent location although a bit tricky to find without satnav!

Dear LandB2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others on trip advisor. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Sorry that you got lost on the way, we do provide directions with the confirmation letter and are always on hand to guide people in.