All reviewswedding venuebirthday lunchrecommend stexclusive usebeatrice roombridal suitewedding breakfastperfect venuewedding coordinatorroast beefroll top bathbeautiful hotelgenerous portionslovely surroundingswalk in showercooked to perfectionplymouth area
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

From the start the staff at the hotel were really helpful and proactive. Their approach to helping plan our wedding really minimized the stress and anxiety involved and everything went smoothly on the day.

The wedding breakfast was wonderful, the kleftiko is something that the restaurant do extremely well.

The rooms were perfectly laid out, and the beds were extremely comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the jacuzzi bath in the bridal suite.

The grounds are very beautiful and well maintained, even in the autumn.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely venue, beautiful rooms and great food. Drinks were well priced. Children loved watching the squirrels in the front garden in the large tree.

The only strange thing was having s band in the way of the entrance but. Not sure if this was the couples choice?
Would recommend for a venue.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding day here and from start to finish everything was perfect. They whole place was beautiful, the staff were friendly and happy to help with every little thing. The food was amazing, a lot of it. We had drinks of arrival and we got them fast and then the canapé were soon out after, they were amazing. When we sat for our three course meal it was quick, hot and delicious. Our drinks were filled up when nearly empty. Buffet was amazing too in the evening lots of it and looked amazing. Couldn’t eat any more. Bridal suit was amazing room having the jacuzzi bath was the best didn’t want to leave. Breakfast in the morning was lovely too. I can’t wait to go back for a meal and hopefully stay over again. Such a wonderful place to get married in.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

went for lunch with the family. We ordered our drinks, my daughter was drinking her wine and thought it tasted a little bit strange so asked me to try it. It smelt like wine but it was quite watery. suddenly my daughter started to freak out as there was something in her wine and when I was able to get this out it was a little maggot and it alive I quietly brought it to the attention of the man in charge, he had a look at it and said I don’t know how that got in there sorry and put the wine down the sink and said I’ll knock it off your bill I was quite surprised at his reaction as if that had been me I would’ve been mortified and so apologetic. He didn’t even offer my daughter a complimentary drink by way of an apology! I do have to say the food was lovely and I would most probably visit again. Unfortunately it spoilt my daughters experience

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Visited in September with a few friends for Dinner, our first visit but will not be the last!
A lovely house and grounds, perfect I would think for a wedding.
The staff were all very friendly with a good attitude and nothing was too much trouble.
The dining room and the bar area were extremely well presented, a great atmosphere.
Now to the food, not too long a wait between courses. The food was all served hot which we like. There was a good choice on all courses and all the food was nicely presented and looked very appetising. Very well cooked and very tasty and thoroughly enjoyed by one and all. One of the best meals we have had in the area if not the best.
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends