Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
US$50
  • Pool
US$94
PremierInn.com
Weetwood Hall Estate(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
US$84
US$77
Ascot Grange Hotel(Headingley)(Great Value!)
US$64
Priceline
US$94
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,140 results
All reviewsnational holidayscoach tripyorkshire dalesbar menutrouser pressbuffet stylewould stay againexcellent value for moneyleisure facilitiestaxishairdryerotleypubpounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed at the Brittania Leeds Bradford Airport hotel last week, on a Monday to Friday coach holiday with JustGo holidays. JustGo often use Brittania Hotels, and we were very surprised and pleased with the very high standard of this one. The location is excellent, in a country park setting with a drive leading down to the hotel entrance.

Our room was on the lower ground floor, but as the hotel was built on a hill, our room, number 120, wasn't in the basement as expected but overlooked an open field. The room wasnt huge, but plenty big enough, and was clean, warm, nicely decorated and well furnished. Unusual for a 'budget' hotel, it had a small fridge, an ironing board and iron, and hairdryer.

It also has a safe, which I thought would be very useful to lock away my lap top when we were out for the day. However, when I asked at reception for the combination I was told the room safes have been disconnected, but I could leave my lap top in reception when we went out.
The only slight fault we could find with our room was the old style TV which didnt seem to have all the Freeview channels and the picture wasnt that great, but wasn't a big deal.

All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, especially the chef, always smiling and chatty. The food was buffet service, not always piping hot I must admit, but varied and plentiful. A very good selection at breakfast, including cereals, fruit, yogurt, cold meats, croissants, and full English cooked breakfast, as much as you wanted. Oh yes, a few moans and groans that the toaster was slow, but then you'll always get people complaining about little unimportant things, even at the very reasonable price we paid for the holiday.

We were also concerned that being an airport hotel we would be disturbed by planes taking off and landing nearby, but in fact I believe the airport was about 4 miles away, and to be honest we didnt see one aeroplane all the time we were there!

We often have holidays with JustGo, staying in various Brittania Hotels, and this one was definitely the best so far!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandJWinterton
GM-Britannia-LBAH, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Winterton,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and I am pleased to hear you enjoy your stay, We try to make the hotel as comfortable as possible for all our guests, whether they be group travellers like yourself, or corporate guests working nearby.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again to explore the rest of what Yorkshire has to offer!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed here the night before flying from Leeds Bradford Airport. The hotel is a little dated but was warm, welcoming and comfortable. There were 2 coach parties in so felt crowded in the public areas. Thebedrooms were comfortable and reasonably sized. The bathroom was fine and the shower quite powerful. However, the TV was ancient with very limited choice of channels and the wifi was very slow and unreliable. We didn't use the spa though it looked quite nice. We did see that it costs about £10 each to use it.

Parking was easy with plenty of free spaces. You arrange your return taxi with the hotel and pay them. It's £6 return per passenger. Taxis are available at 20 minute intervals and tak about 5-10 minutes to get to the airport. You are given a return ticket which you take to the on airport taxi office when you return and the taxi is there waiting for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

I am pleased to see you took advantage of our stay and fly package and found it benificial before your recent break. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed overnight on the Valentines special. The room was a good size, nice, clean and warm.

The food was ok and plentiful but the breakfast next morning was served on small side plates,possibly due to the fact that a large coach party had just been in for breakfast before us and the dinner sized plates had run out but the choice was quite good.
We arrived at 7pm sat evening due to work commitments so we did not have time to use the swimming pool but it looked excellent. The staff were very pleasant at all times even though it was extremely busy in the bar and food areas.
Yes the place is looking a bit fatigued ( the floor in the restaurant especially) but we didn't pay top dollar so we couldn't expect every thing to be pristine. The atmosphere was very good and we we certainly return

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheFergussons

Dear TheFurgussons,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our Valentines Package.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Booked this hotel for 3 nights on a B and B basis for my wife, granddaughter and myself. We had gone over to Leeds to spend sometime with my daughter and our new grandson and were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. We are aware of Britannia Hotels and their somewhat indifferent reputation .
We were allocated room 302 which was spacious, spotlessly clean,with excellent bed linen,a fridge,flat screen tv and large bathroom.
As we had arrived later than expected we decided to dine in the restaurant rather than go out. Dinner was 9.95 for three courses, so I was not expecting, nor did I receive, haute cuisine.
Was dinner value for money? Yes, it probably was.
Breakfast the following morning, and in fact every morning was the same, buffet style with plenty of choice, cold meats, fruit, full English breakfast ingredients,croissants etc. Were the sausages top of the range? No. Was everything piping hot? No, not always.Was it worth what we paid? Absolutely.
Our granddaughter and I enjoyed the excellent swimming pool every day, and mostly had the pool to ourselves.
There have been some comments about the staff and their shortcomings. I have to say that we found the staff that we came into contact with were excellent, Tony in the restaurant, and the Duty Manager whose name I cannot recall, but she was a really pleasant and efficient young lady and could not be faulted.Indeed at around 9am on our first morning the hotel was evacuated due to a fire alarm activating. The staff were well rehearsed in their procedures,calm and professional , and were very apologetic at the inconvenience.
In summary I would say, as I always do when reviewing, please bear in mind what you are paying. Be realistic, be honest about what you can expect for your money. If you want 4 or 5 star treatment then a Britannia style hotel is probably not for you, no sorry, a Britannia style hotel is definitely not for you.
If you want somewhere clean and reasonably priced then try this hotel if you are in the Leeds area. I cannot comment on the standards at other Britannia hotels as this is the only one I have stayed in, but this visit has probably encouraged me to try some others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank johnallananderson

Dear Mr Anderson,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities, hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again. And thank you for the specific feedback of our staff, your praise has been relayed to those concerned.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed here before catching a flight at Leeds airport, very easy to find, nice clean hotel with nice friendly staff, food was very nice and plenty of it.
Room was a little dated but clean and tidy and we slept well, would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mijsy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay. We try to offer good service and accommodation at value for money prices and I pleased to see we were able to do this for you.
We will hopefully welcome you back in the not so distant future.