Stayed for two nights, 12th and 13th April while attending a nearby wedding.
I quote from the website:
"Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel offers luxury modern accommodation in the heart of Leeds"
"Dining at the Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel is a tasty experience offering mouth-watering cuisine made from the freshest ingredients prepared by the professional team of chefs."
"All rooms have a stunning modern décor and offer great amenities to ensure a welcoming atmosphere."
We were only offered one room key despite being a family of 3.
Things got off to a bad start when it became clear that the wi-fi was unuseable in the room. These days good wifi is a basic necessity, not a luxury.
The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I have ever come across, I measured the door to the sink (3") and to the loo (4"). Basically the footprint of the door swing covered most of the floorspace, so you had to manoeuvre into the corner of the bathroom to enter (see photo), a feat that I would imagine most oversize guests would find challenging. Quite an extraordinary design for a purpose built hotel.
There was a warning in the bathroom about the hot towel rail, but guess what? No towel rail (see photo). Water pressure for the shower was poor and the shower itself inadequate. The pillows were as Mr Creosote's waiter would say 'only wa-fer thin"
There appeared to be only one waiter on breakfast duty and it took me some time to attract his attention to secure a pot of tea. I avoided the congealed cooked breakfast offering and the tinned grapefruit in the fruit section and settled for a couple of slices of toast.
When it came to checking out, no one enquired as to the satisfaction of our stay. She seemed just as disinterested when I volunteered some comments anyway.
The damaged and unrepaired hotel sign above the entrance (presumably hit by a bus) and the view from the room of a dilapidated fence, (why would I want to look out on that?), (see photo) seemed to sum up the whole experience. If I might paraphrase the Millwall chant 'No one likes us, we don't care'. 'We are the Britannia and we don't care'.
You couldn't compare it to Fawlty Towers because it wasn't even funny.
This will be my first and last visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel is a modern hotel, set in 3 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds, offering panoramic views of the surrounding area, including the stunning Yorkshire Dales. The hotel is situated just 2 miles from Leeds Bradford Airport, 8 miles from Leeds city centre and 10 miles from Bradford city centre, making it one of the most conveniently located Leeds Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel Leeds
- Britannia Hotel Leeds
- Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Bramhope, Yorkshire