“Great place to stay”

Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great place to stay, lovely clean rooms, good food & great service, i would definitely stay her again, reasonable rates too!!!

I stayed here 4 nights & felt very comfortable with the surroundings, definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daisy985
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Simon Powell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night before we flew from Leeds/Bradford the following morning. The hotel is abit shabby and definitely needs a re-furniture, but it did the job for us. Clean bedroom and bathroom. We didn't eat or drink in there so can't comment. Lots of bus trips in. So my husband and I were probably the youngest staying there! It took a while to check in for some reason! We organised a return taxi to airport which we paid at reception and it was a really good service. We would definitely stay here again, but only as an overnight stop before flying out on holiday!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and at this stage can only apologise for any frustrations or upset caused. I will certainly address the issues raised as you should expect a certain standard and this was not delivered. I would like to assure you that this is certainly by no means our usual standard of quality or service, and I would hope this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel.

Please contact me personally when next staying in the city and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

WE stayed here for two nights via national holidays trip, the hotel is clean lovely staff even down to the housekeepers. Good food and good priced bar,a pint of san Miguel and white wine with lemonade just over £6.00 excellent priced, the rooms was very clean,bath and shower over bath brilliant. We highly recommend this hotel.The bar staff helpful and friendly cheerful. all in all a great weekend for my birthday treat, thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Can not fault it in any way. keep it up, a credit to all your staff that work here,x :) thank you so much,xx breakfast was great as well. slept well bed comfy,x even went for a walk turn right as you come out of the drive ten min walk to a nice public house, views are stunning,x

Room Tip: well our room was brilliant level one, i take it all the rooms are lovely and comfy beds,xx
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Well located 5 minutes from the airport, so you can leave your car, get a taxi to and from the airport (organised by the hotel) and we paid £59+£12 for the two of us.
The taxi office is right outside of the airport doors too.
Very clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Reviewed 4 January 2014

we booked this hotel as it was near leeds airport. we booked it for the day before we went and when we got back (doing night flights). on arrival at this morning and getting to our room we walked in to a weird smell in the room, the bed as so uncomfortable and there was only 1 pillow which was so thin it was like nothing was there at all. the toilet area was small and the mold on the walls just put me off from using the shower. we went and had some food from the bar. the food arrived and it was the worst food i had tried, my starter was garlic bread which didnt taste of anything and the wifes starter was bread sticks, olives and feta cheese?? so what would you dip the bread sticks in???? the main came and both meals seemed like they had refrozen a few times, the flavour didnt exist, we just left this and went, other people around us were complaining about how bad the food taste too and how under cooked the meat was.

First thing i did when arriving back from our holiday was to call the hotel up and told them that we required more pillows and that we wanted a better room than the last one we were in. it was 2am and we got to our room, we opened the door to be hit with the smell of male body spary which we thought as weird, it was late and we just wanted some sleep, this room looked even older than the one we were in before, this time the bath and shower was that small i couldnt even stand up in the bath (im 6 foot) the mold on the wall were horrible and in the air con too, the sink had a very big crack in it. we got in to bed to find the bed sheets smelt of smelly feet, i really think this room was used before we got there and the covers etc... were not cleaned and just tooked back in.

overall this is the worst hotel i have ever been to and i complained to the reception desk about it all but they didnt seem bothered and i cant really see my compaint making past the reception desk. i would compain to head office but with the amount of complaints ive seen on the web it seems pointless and i really wouldnt want a free room to stay there again, i will never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very good location for airport. Taxi to airport I believe was £6. Swimming extra fee. Rooms clean and comfortable. Wifi excellent. Did not have breakfast as very early flight. Sleep quality was excellent as the hotel is in quiet location and there was no noise inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Location excellent for Leeds/Bradford airport
1  Thank Ystrady

Reviewed 30 December 2013

reviewed this hotel before,just returned from a twixmas break there,and i hoped to be able to say,gone down well,but instead i have to say gone downhill.We arrived 2pm checkin time and was told our room was not ready and we could wait in the lounge.kept waiting for 1 hour 30mins in which time several national coaches arrived,most of their rooms not ready either,resulting in crowds of people trying to get a seat in a lounge that probably has seating for about 40 people,not the ideal start to anybodys break.What is the bar area has now had its seating replaced with dining tables for national coach holiday customers,again no where to sit with your drink once the small lounge is full.We took our drink to the bedroom which was small but clean and warm ,which is not the case for the dining areas,all parts which are cold and draughty.The hot buffet is too small to serve large groups of people,resulting in long queues ,the food choice was poor,with little choice of veg,if you dont like spicey coated chips green beans and carrots you will be struggling oh sorry we did have sprouts once,and everynight roast potatoes that were almost jnedible,After 6pm no chance of getting a drink without a 20minute wait behind a queue of people waving 99p drink vouchers.The breakfast was ok,except the last morning Phil the chef went missing and several of us waited twenty minutes for eggs,beans,tomatoes,to be replenished,the dining staff didnt know where phil was?perhaps the manager could make enquires.My wife and i are regular visitors to britannia hotels and usually fly the flag,but on this occasion its flying half mast,Come on britannia you can do better,too many coaches for the the facilities and staff available resulting in poor performance this time.

1  Thank jds07a

Simon Powell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel
Travelodge Leeds Bradford Airport
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#33 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!