“bar staff”

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“bar staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

alanaud

could not believe lack off service from bar staff. first time at bar with 3 more potential customers,
we where told " hold on I am doing a stock check" "WHAT" when customers where waiting

on second visit at bar on myself again waiting while some sort of stock check was going on?

3rd visit with friend to bar, YET AGAIN WAITING FOR service WHILST ANOTHER CHECKWAS CARRIED OUT.

I shouted no! not another ***** stock check. to be met by manager who said
" staff have jobs to do whilst behind the bar and do not speak to them like that.
I have stayed at a few park and fly hotels but have not come across any with this attitude
my previous stays at other britania hotels have been fine

2 Thank alanaud
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and at this stage can only apologise for any frustrations or upset caused. I will certainly address the issues raised as you should expect a certain standard and this was not delivered. I would like to assure you that this is certainly by no means our usual standard of quality or service, and I would hope this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel.

Please contact me personally when next staying in the city and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

Simon Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was meant to be a relaxing night before you fly we booked in no problem
went down stairs for a drink and the lounge was freezing ended up having to take our drinks up to our room to get warm.
Went back down for something to eat and it was still freezing although it did warm up when more people came in.
we had the fish and chips advertised as a special they were basically fish fingers and were disgusting.
The bed was uncomfortable and pillars like bricks
We had booked a breakfast extra but could not have one as the restaurant did not open until 7 am and we had to be at the airport before then I agree I should have read the small print, we were told that if we put that door menu out before 5am we could have a continental breakfast in our room so we did that.
But i did not know that they meant we had to wait until we got to the cotenant before we got it
we are still waiting.
Then to top it all off when we got back in the country and went to get our taxi back and they had not given us the correct paper work so the taxi company would not take us back to the hotel until we got through to the hotel and got it sorted out.
People behind us were taking bets on the fact we had booked through the Britannia hotel as they have had similar problems.
I think you can gather I would never do this again, I sound like a professional winger but this is the first time I have ever put in a bad report as my wife and myself always look at the positive side of everything but could not find anything positive to say about the experience

Room Tip: Don't go there
1 Thank malcolm H

Simon Powell

Travellers are raving about these Bramhope hotels

uk
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived for a one night stay with parking at 10-40 pm and went to the bar for a coffee but the machine had been turned off and we would have to wait 30 minutes if we wanted one.We settled for a wine and beer instead, the wine was served in a dirty glass and had to be returned to the bar. Despite only one other customer in the bar the tables were dirty, littered with glasses and the overall appearance was shabby to say the least. Our room was dark dull and would have benefited with a deep clean the bathroom certainly needed some attention.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback. I would like to sincerely apologise for the service you received in the hotel and will address this with our team. I was sorry too, that not everything went according to plan during your experience at the hotel and will certainly investigate the issues raised with our team.

Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of customer service and look forward to having the opportunity of restoring your faith in our hotel once again.

Please contact me personally when booking your next stay and I will certainly do what I can to enhance your stay.

Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Great idea to stay in this hotel overnight before flight out of Leeds/Bradford airport. Included in the package: car parking, room, evening meal & breakfast. Well! Very impressed, spotlessly clean room (no dust, no grubby grouting, no bits on the carpet) Bed really comfortable & tlovely & quiet. Staff were friendly & very helpful. Taxis too spot on time to take you to the airport. Will be back next time we go on a foreign holiday.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandra H
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel before we flew from Leeds Bradford Airport. It was clean and comfortable with a good choice of food available and even leisure facilities for those who wanted a swim etc.
The price included 8 days car parking and for £6 each we were provided with a taxi to and from the airport.

Staff were very helpful and the hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan P

pontypool
Reviewed 5 March 2014

just returned from a four day coach trip to Yorkshire and stayed at this hotel.O.K it is a three star hotel so don't expect five star quality. on saying that the hotel is clean and comfortable in all areas. the rooms are well stocked with tea and coffee. and there are extra pillows in the wardrobe. heating could be improved though. the food was of a very good standard and the dinning room staff were very friendly and helpful. unlike the barman who was the most miserable barman I have ever had to deal with. a well appointed gym and swimming pool is available at a small charge again the staff were friendly and helpful. on the whole a enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it. my only complaint of the whole week was the barman.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank malcolm j
I am sorry to read that we haven’t met your expectations of the service we offer here at the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Perhaps if you had given us the opportunity to discuss your comments and observations at the time, we could have had the opportunity to address them. We can only improve the service we offer by receiving both positive and constructive comments.

oxfordshire
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very few negative reviews about this Hotel but all I can say is you get what you pay For I booked last minute via Booking.com £50.00 including Breakfast ( Standard double ) due to urgent requirements to visit North Leeds and certainly wasn't disappointed Excellent Large Room (105 ) very spacious with King Size Bed , Large Desk , Chairs , Free Internet Connection in room ( just ask at reception for Code ) Plenty wardrobe Space , Decent Bathroom , and overall a good size bright modern Room very clean and tidy . All Staff Excellent and polite and room service very quick and good , normal Buffet style Breakfast plently to chose from ( you will always get people complaining at something ) There is a Gym and a swimming Pool / Spa which seems to be used by many , I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but it seemed busy and I heard no complaints

Bar and Rest area's large and spacious with TV's and numerous quiet area's to relax with big sofa's and chairs all in all for the price I would recommend this Hotel , only 3 Minutes from Leeds / Bradford Airport , 15 Mins to Centre of Leeds , York / Ripon / Harrogate / Yorkshire Dales all within easy distance

Would definitely stay hear again if you want 5* pay 5* prices but this is a good value for money hotel with everything you need at a price that is very good also I believe they do excellent stay and Park 7 or 15 days if you are flying from Leeds / Bradford Airport

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your time in posting your comments, we welcome both positive and constructive feedback to help us improve and monitor our standards.

Simon Powell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#32 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!