“Not the best”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Staff were polite but I got the impression it's because they have to be rather than want to be. Warmth and friendliness lacking.

Food was okay, nothing special.Breakfast was fine though. Net curtains in the room were filthy and there were hairs on the bed.Bath was not clean.

This hotel is not one I'd visit again.

Room Tip: Try Premier Inn - sorry but that's my opinion.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and at this stage can only apologise for any frustrations or upset caused. I will certainly address the issues raised as you should expect a certain standard and this was not delivered. I would like to assure you that this is certainly by no means our usual standard of quality or service, and I would hope this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel.

Please contact me personally when next staying in the city and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

Simon Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Well on the positive side the hotel staff were very pleasant and the transfer to the airport well organised.
The room, all three drawers had 'dropped' and were almost impossible to open , the veneer front of the dressing table was all chipped. I have never before stayed in a hotel where the bed has on it a notice warning of the consequences of engaging in illegal activities, such as substance misuse!
The bar area was ok but the chairs we sat in were all very well worn.
The restaurant, many tables had signs on then saying they were engaged for a coach party, we were given a table crushed in the middle of this, we asked for a different table but were told it was engaged for the coach party, it didn't have one of the signs and no one sat at it all night. The food was very poor, buffet service, first course watery tomato soup, main course a variety of choices between the four of US we had them all, at best luke warm and bland. Dessert, bread and butter pudding that had been in the warming dish far too long or classic mass produced catering gateau.
We will not return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Simon Powell

Travellers are raving about these Bramhope hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a great stay here pre flight Tuesday April 8th.

Was met & greeted by a lovely lady on reception (Sue maybe)?, friendly, polite and caring. Took care of everything for me and booked my cab to the airport the following morning.

I did a "Room, 3 Course Evening Meal & Breakfast" deal - and for what i paid it was outstanding. Definitely worth it for sure!

This is actually the second time i have stayed here, the last time being 2010 - and this experience stuck out a lot more than the last one. The staff are friendly, my room was adequate, and the beer in the bar cold. What more does a traveling guy need? As BA are the only operator to London Heathrow, which is the only way i can connect to my flight to Canada - I will always stay here, and prefer Leeds Bradford to Manchester.

Its cheaper than the Mecure, and the standards & service, in my opinion, are better.

Thank you and I think the lady on reception may have been called Sue? My compliments to her for setting the scene on arrival.

Room Tip: Ground Floor (Floor 1)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pheelinphunki
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed 1 night dinner bed and breakfast the food was great buffet style but very enjoyable the hotel location is good too handy for Leeds but in a nice quiet location and very modern very nice leisure club too

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I would give this a 3* as it is 'above average' but not as 'very good'.
Stayed in March 2014 for 2 nights while on a coach holiday which included trips to Harrogate and York. I was not paying the hotel direct but had a package that included a good breakfast and an excellent dinner and 2 for 1 drinks at the bar and free entrance to the leisure club included.
So I would classify this as value for money. Whether an individual traveller can negotiate these deals and at what cost I am unable to comment on. Country / village location requiring car or coach to get to easily.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thank you for your observations, these can only be used to improve the service we offer.

west midlands uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Had a little trouble booking this hotel as staff do not answer the phone and automated service cuts you off. However it was a pleasant stay, comfortable room, nice breakfast, location wise it is out of the city centre but easily to get to on public transport. Large car park. Nice peaceful country location.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank tatehill

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel on the 5th April and from the luke warm welcome at reception to the terrible food in the Java bar which was at best poor, to the awful bed that felt like someone had left corks under the sheets, this wasn't a great place to stay. Cleanliness wasn't great either from the pubic hair on the side of the bath in room 105 to the dust on the bottom of the tables and the bench seat in the Java bar. If it was a school report I would say could do a lot better.

Room Tip: The mattress needs changing in room 105, if they give you that room ask if they have changed it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin B
I am sorry to read that we haven’t met your expectations of the service we offer here at the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Perhaps if you had given us the opportunity to discuss your comments and observations at the time, we could have had the opportunity to address them. We can only improve the service we offer by receiving both positive and constructive comments.

Simon Powell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#29 of 86 in Leeds
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!