“Overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Hull
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I only stayed one night and couldn't really fault it. I was with 3 friends and all of us found it good value for money. I did need to ask for extra coffee but this was responded to extremely quickly. My only 'moan' is that I would have preferred larger plates at breakfast as there were only side plates. I was in a rush so not sure if they might have been bringing some out, but basically spread a cooked breakfast over 3 plates and I'm not a big eater !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thank you for your observations, these can only be used to improve the service we offer.

Simon Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
South East
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The wedding service here was very good, everything went to plan just as it should. The wedding catering was excellent.
We stayed here for one night for the wedding but it is not a hotel I would choose for a normal stay, the standard was no better than a Premier Inn which would be much cheaper when booked 3 months in advance as we did here. The hotel had 4 coach parties all arrive at around the same time and getting a meal in the restaurant was impossible, we had to make do with a bar snack! At breakfast in the morning most of the tables were reserved for the coach parties.
The car park at this hotel is also used to long term parking for guests travelling from the airport, cars are parked in every possible place available including on the grass outside the guest rooms. Guests trying to find a parking space were having a real problem and many had to double park.
Two issues at this hotel I found annoying:
1, The reservations phone number is an 0871 number, I had to call 3 times and each time was hanging on for around 15 minutes so ended up with call costs on my phone bill that was just profit for them! (I object to paying a premium phone call to spend money!)
2. They tried to charge me a fee for using a debit card to pay for my room, I have never paid this at any other hotel and I am sure it is actually illegal. I can understand a charge for credit cards as they do have to pay a fee.
Because of the 2 points above I would never stay at a Britannia Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and at this stage can only apologise for any frustrations or upset caused. I will certainly address the issues raised as you should expect a certain standard and this was not delivered. I would like to assure you that this is certainly by no means our usual standard of quality or service, and I would hope this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel.

Please contact me personally when next staying in the city and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

North Ferriby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Used as a springboard for the nearby airport the location and parking facilities are good. Several coaches in the carpark suggested it is on the route to all that's good in Yorkshire.
Reception was adequate but the lobby lounge and bar areas were thronged with wandering guests clearly exploring surroundings without much purpose.
Choice of bar meals or the restaurant carvery at seemingly reasonable prices, both less than a tenner mainly. We chose the bar meal with comfy seats but the food was very average but decent portion. Main drawback was bar staff or lack of for such a busy evening. Drinks with meal entailed queuing and waiting for the sole barman to dispense and charge drinks. On the other hand drinks seemed to be in line with pub prices.
Must be difficult to strike a balance with food quality and staffing at busy times is always a challenge. Good venue in pleasant setting at budget price but not the Ritz.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

newcastle on tyne uk
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed here numerous times. We found the room and food were for good value for money ideal overnight stop for early departure from LBA. The only complaint we had was the miserable bar man who seemed to have one speed slow he took great delight in making everyone wait!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

we stopped at Britannia before flying next day, room good transfers good very well organised.
food not great very average but having said that £20 for 2 people at least was cheap, would not bother to eat here again. staff friendly and helpful

Breakfast as such was not bad but they had to be chased to put out bread ! really must ensure cleanliness however the milk jug ( see photo) was black inside, not what you expect 2014 in a modern city

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Cleveland . u k
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We only stayed the one night due to early flight 4am next day .well the room was smelly , the bed was a bouncy matteres ,if I moved over the wife did as well , also the bath room shower was a spit splash water from the shower head it gushed out then stopped then gushed out , never got better even after we left it on for around 10 mins, the restaruant well it advertised alacart never had one ,we ended up with a carvery, poor choice of dishes, like I said .booked because it was never the airport , but not a good choice

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gkbCleveland.uk

Simon Powell

Travellers are raving about these Bramhope hotels

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We used the hotel to have a night's sleep before going on holiday and also to park our car. Cannot fault the hotel on anything, room was fine, parking fine and transit to airport excellent - a mere 2 minutes.
There was nothing especially fancy about this hotel but all we wanted was a clean room, polite staff and to get to the airport on time and it fulfilled all of these

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Simon Powell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#30 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!