“Britannia Leeds Bradford”

Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Reviewed 30 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Patricia M
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked a room for a family of 4. I had to contact central reservations 3 times to get a confirmation emailed to me that could be opened.
On arrival at the hotel I met with others and proceeded to the bar - 20 minutes to get served and unfortunately I was not offered ice and I forgot to ask. I waited a further 5 minutes to ask for ice while the bar man had a drink and gazed around and avoided eye contact with any of the customers.
Once up in the room I noticed that there was only tea/coffee for 2. I tried to use the phone to ring reception to request a further 2 cups and some tea bags. Obviously this is discouraged as a number was not provided to ring reception. I went to reception to ask for the items I needed and was directed to a plastic box on reception desk that contained a couple of teabags. I asked for cups and was told to go through to the bar, the barman then told me to get the cups from reception. When I told him that the receptionist had sent me to the bar he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked if I should take cups from the restaurant and again communication was a shrug of the shoulders. I took the initiative to go and take cups from the restaurant situated within the bar area.
The family room consisted of a double bed and a bunk bed. The bunk bed should be condemned. It was very shaky and the springs of the mattress protruded. Not a comfortable night for either of my children.
A taxi had been booked to take us to the airport however as we had checked in on line I asked if the taxi could be rescheduled for 30 minutes later. I was told that this was not possible because the taxi would have been allocated even though there was a least 8 hours until the taxi was due.
Ultimately none of the staff are helpful or friendly, the rooms are tired and I would only recommend this hotel if you are happy not to sleep the night before your flight. The only positive that I can say about the hotel is that the shower gel and body lotion smell nice.

My last comment is that include in my reservation was a £5 credit towards extras in the hotel. I decided to get a couple of bottles of water to have at the airport. When I asked to use this credit I was told that I would need to open a account with a credit card. I explained that I only wanted 2 bottles of water and I would not need any additional credit. I was told that if I didn't give my credit card I could not take advantage of the £5 credit!!!! I don't know about you however that gives me cause for concern!!

Room Tip: Choose an alternative hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and at this stage can only apologise for any frustrations or upset caused. I will certainly address the issues raised as you should expect a certain standard and this was not delivered. I would like to assure you that this is certainly by no means our usual standard of quality or service, and I would hope this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel.

Please contact me personally when next staying in the city and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Only stayed here because the Premier Inn and Travelodge were booked up.
The only good thing was the bed was quite comfy. The taps barely dribbled, the sink was blocked. The bathroom grouting dirty and the whole place felt grubby. The staff were amateurish.
Vending machines only dispensed fizzy drinks so I asked for two bottles of water (very small glass bottles) for which I was charged £3.80.
Wi fi didn't work in our room but didn't get round to complaining.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to read that we haven’t met your expectations of the service we offer here at the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Perhaps if you had given us the opportunity to discuss your comments and observations at the time, we could have had the opportunity to address them. We can only improve the service we offer by receiving both positive and constructive comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I agree with the last review. I came back last night from a 3 day coach trip and we found the room to be clean and comfortable with plenty of storage space, maybe a little dated but we were only there for 2 nights. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the food was very good. I think some people just like to complain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patricia O

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were staying at this hotel last weekend, When there we were guests of a wedding. On arriving to hotel we were met with a rude and unhelpful memmber of staff working the reception desk. She was tall with dark hair middle aged. Was like asking her for any help was too much for her, Got the impression she would have been happy to stand all day filing her nails then helping customers. We then decided to head into Leeds centre and plenty of shops and food places to avail off. Got a taxi back to the hotel just under £20 which isn't too bad. We decided to eat in the bar and the food was average, Do have the say the guys working the bar were very helpful and polite, Food is moderate price.

The next day was the wedding and as we left hotel for church part was ahrdly anyone around if you had any queries. The tables in reception/waiting area were covered with glasses and dirty dishes from night before. We arrived back after church to attend reception of wedding. The drinks waiting on arrival were lovely and the sitting area to wait till dinner was comfy and clean. All the girls serving the dinner were nice and polite and well mannered so no complaints. Food was nice and the set up of the room was nice too. We then cleared the room so they could get ready for evening reception. Was done quite quickly but still had wait around. The staff working the bar were polite and the drinks were good price as they had a happy hour or drink deals on.

On the following day we went up for breakfast in restaurant. The food was done as a buffet and was the usual fry stuff. They also had cereal, toast and fruit. All the buffet fry food was soggy as it had been sitting for god knows how long. That afternoon we spent relaxing in hotel and used the vending machines to starve off hunger pangs, Again staff or vender machine workers mustn't call often as alot of the chocolate was month or two out of date. We ate in the bar again for evening meal. Again food was nice enough but nothing special. We had nipped out and on arrival back to hotel was faced with Miss unfriendly, No smile, no welcome of guests back, was fixing make up or looking at herself and when asked a question she mumbled her answer and was not forthcoming in helping us and to make us more comfy.

All in all hotel is ok but maybe staff training on customer service, cleanliness, overall how to be well mannered wouldn't go a miss. Or perhaps some people have worked too long and no longer strive to have good customer service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank silverlinings2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in last night at 11pm. Pubes on the bathroom floor. Dead fly on childs pillow and mouldy spoon on the chair under the desk. We checked out as soon as we could the next morning. Nice car park surrounded by trees best bit about the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JR_Windows

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight prior to flying from Leeds Bradford and left the car there whilst we were away. Hotel rooms are very tired. The restaurant menu was very limited and the restaurant very full with a coach trip that was staying the night. Dined from the bar menu and the steak was surprisingly good. Not enough bar staff on to cater for the coach party and other guests when they descended almost on mass. The above said, it was good value for money for a room and parking. Only 10 mins from the airport and £12 per person return by taxi payable to the hotel. Would stay again if flying from Leeds Bradford again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank and49
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Simon Powell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#35 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!