“Wish I had stayed at travelodge.”
Review of Healey Hotel

Healey Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batley
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wish I had stayed at travelodge.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a last minute room on a trip to the area with work and wish I had just booked a travelodge instead.

First, the good point, bed was comfortable and pillows were nice.

Now the bad the points.

Room was tiny, so much so that the sink from the bathroom had to be positioned In the room itself.

Room was freezing. Granted I turned up on an Octobers evening, but after an two hours of the heating being on full it was still cold.

No bath in the room and shower was tiny and dirty. Water was luke at best.

No curtains in the room and blinds were like paper, so woke me up early in the morning.

Windows didn't shut properly,meaning you could feel a constant draft of cold air on your body when sleeping.

The room I was given (room 3) was next to the staff members room, so they were constantly in and out and slamming the door at all hours.

No phone in the room.

The tv was a tiny 14" alba tv, with a really bad picture.

In my view, the hotel looks nothing like the pictures. Granted I paid £34 for the room, but honestly wouldn't pay £10.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank madmatthewd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
England
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Arrived 27/09/13 for 2 nights.
room was lovely & so was bathroom, good comfy bed,
we had a meal in the restaurant the friday night & it was more than good!
my steak was cooked to perfection / chips to die for!
good breakfasts!
staff friendly & helpful.

1 Thank carolhuyton
N H, Front Office Manager at Healey Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2015
manchester
Reviewed 20 September 2013

As soon as my boyfriend and I stepped into our room we said 'Wow!' - We had paid for a executive room and it was certainly a good choice! We were staying here for its vicinity to the Frontier The room was gorgeous, very trendy.
In our bathroom we had a rain shower (very nice) and a Jacuzzi bath (also very nice!). The large tv.
The bed was very comfortable also, appeared larger than a double bed so plenty of room!

I've got to say the walls are well insulated also, on returning to our room following the show, we could hear our neighbours (on a hen night) very loudly however once we stepped through the door we could not hear a thing!

Overall I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Try the breakfast
1 Thank deemers
thank you for your valued feedback.
Manchester
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We saw the hotel on Groupon and when we rang to book the manager said he would match the offer (two nights bed and breakfast). The decor was sad and tired and the fittings needed attention: from the shonky door handle which felt like it was going to fall off, the toilet that didn't flush, the absence of hot water in the shower to the constant dripping of the cistern in the toilet.
We mentioned some of these things to the manager who was unapologetic but assured us that they would be seen to. They weren't. On leaving staff also tried to charge us for the breakfast that was meant to be part of the deal. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Batley hotels

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

As the title says. Left me amused but true. Meal I had was pleasant. The room was quant but the ensuite was inadequate toilet didn't flush without taking off the listing flush. the sink leaked and there a few maintenance issue within the main areas of the hotel, needs a makeover. Booed on late rooms as a one off an not again price wise a bit much for room only.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Wentworth1234
Long Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked the hotel via Laterooms.com; it wasn't the cheapest but looked good value with some reasonable reviews & nice pictures. It had a 3 star ratting only to find it 2 star AA rated.
After being given a double room (we'd booked twin) then offered a filthy run down room & being embarrassed by questioning staff we got an acceptable room. Although the beds & towels were clean everything in the room was very tired, we were also very tired and weary, so decided to try and make the best of it so we decided to stay.
Over the next couple of days we began to notice more problems, damp & peeling paper in the corner, mould around the window, a huge hole in the bathroom door, the shower screen had obviously been broken & had been removed, the remains of which were covered in gaffer tape.
In the end, we decided it was very much a matter for environmental Health, not to mention Health and Safety, so I I took several pictures & will be sending these to the relevant authorities.
We have senses of humour, and so we both kept laughing, comparing it to Fawlty Towers & expected Manuel to appear somewhere. The breakfast was perfectly good & the dining area was clean & fresh. Unfortunately on the last morning when we came down for breakfast the staff had been informed that there were no breakfast to do! After a little rushing about they got our breakfast, this was funny at the time but seemed to be the icing on the cake to our stay!
The ironical thing was that on their web site & business literature they call the hotel "The Pride of Batley"!!! Poor Batley! Certainly a contravention of the Trades Description Act.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timb0643
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We bought a voucher of wow, the first attempt to book it was a nightmare, spoke to one man and he was too busy talking to colleagues was not listening. I was reassured it was booked, I asked for a confirmation email but never received it. I telephoned days later to just confirm and as expected it wasn't. I was furious as we had all booked time of work, he was rude and arguing on the phone saying he had booked what I requested. Again I was reassured the booking had been made CORRECTLY this time. Days later still no email. When I rang a young lady reassured me it was booked she was very helpful unlike the previous man I spoke to.

On arrival the bungalow looked nice, all newly refurbished. But once settled in we realised it appeared to be finished very quickly and not to a great standard. It was clean but no blinds up in the kitchen, dining area. There was a back door, locked and a metal gate on the outside bolted so no other fire escape except the front door. The boiler wasn't working and once they fixed it again next day it broke so no hot water! There was no facilities to hang clothes up, or draws for clothing, in the kitchen which seemed modem had no pots or pans or dishes for cooking with, under the boiler was all exposed walls not finished.
It defiantly seemed like a rush finish to earn some cash!

The staff we met in the hotel were very helpful, we met Robert who was on reception and he was very pleasant and was bending over backwards to ensure we were ok.

We defiantly won't be going back again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Nickysilv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batley
Heath Cottage Hotel
Ramada Wakefield
#2 of 2 in Ossett
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds South

Been to Healey Hotel? Share your experiences!