“Awful dated 'spa' area, I wouldn't go again!”
Review of Ramada Farnham Leisure Club - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ramada Farnham Leisure Club
Whiteley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Awful dated 'spa' area, I wouldn't go again!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Luckily, I didn't spend much on my supposed 'spa' day with my sister as i got a deal off a well known website. The separate building that the 'spa' is in looks like a retirement home. The changing rooms are awful and very dated. Bright blue safety anti-flip foam on the steps and loungers by the pool!? The water fountain was rusty and water was warm. I couldn't change in private as the 'spa' staff didn't inform us that on our chosen 'spa' day the pool would be out of use for an hour due to a childrens' swim class! I had children pulling at the curtains when I tried to shower too, so we ended up leaving with chlorine-hair and a real need of a shower! The pool is tiny and for the amount of people they booked in for this 'spa' day, it meant no one could actually swim, instead we just stood in the pool. The sauna was big enough for 2- 3 people comfortably and the steam room, maybe just 2 people. Thats literally it. So, we couldn't swim or unwind anywhere! Instead we put our awful fleecy robes on (not nice white towelling robes as expected in a 'spa') and sat in the tea-room area. The doors were open, so it was quite chilly, but it was either that or stand in a pool! It was such an awkward morning that I looked forward to my massage...that was the only nice thing about this place...nice massage but the lady was a bit OTT with the soothing voice and pearls of wisdom...drive with the window open in case I fall asleep on the way home! I wish i could offer something positive about this place...the burger was nice on their lunch menu. Thats it. The staff were lacking in customer service. I voiced my thoughts to a girl who asked if we'd had a nice time. She nodded and walked away - why ask? Surely the only was to improve is to take criticism and work on it. I have been to almost every spa in the south east...I know what I am talking about! The normal price is disgusting, and I would seriously advise against paying that money for this facility. Go somewhere else! I left more stressed and uptight than when I arrived - honestly! I have emailed the owner and found that this has just been bought by another company, so in the next couple of years it will undergo a refurbishment. Thank goodness!

Visited September 2013

Hertfordshire
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“No knowledge of our booking”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Was a bit concerned at check in when they had no knowledge of our booking. However they had a room for us. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Room service was prompt and cooked ok, wasnt brilliant but not terrible either. We booked a massage for the morning and soon got a txt asking us if we wanted it that evening. It wasnt convenient as we
Were out. Then got another txt saying our morning slot had changed. We cancelled at this point. Breakfast ok again nothing wonderful. Tea and coffee both were awful. Would i I stay again???? Not at that price.

Visited September 2013
Chepstow, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Toy Pool, Rude Staff!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A few friends of mine all joined the pool for some fun with the floats and we then got asked to leave. (there was nobody else in the pool at this time!)

No explanation at all. Rude, Toy Pool size.

Stay Clear from this place.

Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Play pool”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Paddling dipping pool, old gym weights, creaky floorboards and a rabbit warren of corridors, bored attendants and overpriced services.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worst spa experience ever!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I took my mum to this spa yesterday for an afternoon spa package, when we got there we were informed the our treatments were after our afternoon tea in two and half hours time! I'm sorry but how can you eat cake, drink champagne ,have a massage and then go home around the m25 during rush hour, does that sound like a spa experience?!

I think they knew they had given us a weird schedule as when we requested a change we were met with a very angry "first come first serve" which we were not aware of! They offered us no alternative treatments, no changes to a different date, we asked to speak to a manager and they refused-it really was put up or shut up treatment! .It was an awful experience,having worked in spas for 10 years and somebody who helped train receptionists to NVQ level in customer service this was one of the worst experience of customer service in my life,they haven't even bothered to send an email to acknowledge we didn't have the package! As we didn't even get to use the facilities, I make no comment on the spa facilities.