“Lovely welcoming B&B, family friendly”
Review of Brockham B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betchworth
Brockham B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Betchworth B&B and Inns
Naxos Town, Greece
“Lovely welcoming B&B, family friendly”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The owners were very helpful from prompt reply to booking email to accommodating our young children in a camp bed. The breakfasts were delicious; homemade bread, compost and baked beans - full works if you wanted it. The only thing I would suggest is a coffee maker in the room this would then make it a five! Recommend lovely walks down to the river to play pooh sticks with young children.

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent one night at this gorgeous B&B as were having a family get together at a nearby restaurant, and as it was also my birthday my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a night away from the kids too. The B&B was in a very picturess setting right in the village green and the building itself is full of character and lovingly decorated. On arrival Joanna was a great host and very friendly. We had the green room. Right at the top of the house (2 floors up) with a fantastic view over the green and village. The room itself was spotlessly clean and full of character, the ensuite has a fantastic walk in shower and there are nice touches such as complimentary shower gel and body lotion which set this B&B apart from others. The bed was super comfy and even though we were at the front of the house and it has original windows, so no double glazing, it was not noisy at all. Breakfast the next morning was delicious with my husband thoroughly enjoying the full english! It was also very sweet that Joanna and her husband gave me a birthday card and a bottle of sparkly to celebrate (my 40th!), all the little extra personal touches make this a truly special B&B that deserves the other fantastic reviews it has had. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I have just stayed here for a two night break and I had chosen this B&B on the basis of the TripAdvisor reviews. Little did I know that we had struck gold - what a fabulous B&B and in such a beautiful location.
We stayed in the Green Room which was really cosy, with an extremely comfortable bed, and a lovely view over Brockham Green. The room and bathroom were decorated so tastefully, I couldn't wish for better to be honest.
Now, how can I sum up the breakfast? Easy, it was delicious (especially the fried eggs from their own chickens).
Both Joanna and Paul were so welcoming and made us feel as if we were part of the family, not just guests. A special thank you to the canine residents of Brockham B&B who greeted us each day and were so friendly and well behaved.
An added bonus was The Inn On The Green (aka 'The Grumpy Mole') which was less than a minutes walk from the B&B - I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here as our friends were getting married nearby and it was quite a surprise when we found that they'd booked it too before they went off for their honeymoon! The wedding was wonderful and this B&B absolutely perfect. Lovely comfortable room, immaculate, with great views over the village green. Delicious breakfast and very friendly hosts. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Brockham B&B is a hidden gem that is now our favorite romantic 'destination' ... I almost didn't write a review because I wanted to keep it for my sweetheart and myself, but decided that it would selfish NOT to share this wonderful retreat with you!

This old country house oozes peacefulness as it nestles in the Surrey countryside. The traditional charm is quietly luxurious: comfy chairs, beds that are better than the one you sleep in at home, elegant yet quaint decor, wonderful carpets upstairs, and real fireplaces downstairs. Everything is clean and in great condition (even though it is probably old), but the overall feel is that it was prepared fresh, especially for your arrival. The attention paid to the smallest details in the renovations is amazing to observe, if you are a DIY person or have ever supervised a contractor you will be highly impressed. The top-floor bathrooms look and function as though they were transported directly from a bespoke traditional-meets-modern specialty showroom, they deserve a review all to themselves.

We stayed in the Blue Room. The bed was like a fluffy yet supportive cloud. A selection of pillows meant that we both got to pick our favorite type. The top sheet/duvet/covers were layered and substantial enough for English Spring weather, but not 'heavy on the legs', a super combination of warmth and comfort. The bedroom view of the lawn and back garden, and over the trees to the church was beautiful. I sat in the armchair for ages watching English blackbirds fly around collecting nesting materials, and foraging for food. I could have sworn I heard a parrot squawk, but this was the UK so I was confused... then I saw a flash of bright green as a long-tailed parakeet zoomed past the house and perched in the branches of a nearby conifer. Later on I saw two green parakeets hanging out at the top of a tall tree near the bird feeders, were they waiting for the local birds to finish eating? Instead of gazing out the window, I could have been watching the television, or taking advantage of the WiFi, or even reading one of the thirty books that had been thoughtfully selected for us and left in the bedroom by our hosts, but the view was so English that I was mesmerized and could only sit and relax. Anyone who knows me will understand that it is a really special place, as it is highly unusual for me to sit still and relax unless I am asleep sitting up :-)

At the time I saw that first parakeet I was sipping tea I had just made using the bedroom kettle - different types of tea bags, convenient instant coffee sachets, real old-fashioned sugar lumps, and a selection of sweet tasty nibbles had been provided, and a jug of fresh milk had been brought up to the room for us. The drink supplies, nibbles and milk were replenished daily: I suggest that you request the chocolate brownie triangles. I promise you, this place is so cosy and comfortable, that you will be reluctant to leave the room except for meals!

Breakfast was superb. Be sure to inquire if the stewed berries will be available: try them with the fresh yogurt, sprinkled with (homemade?) granola. The orange juice was just right, not too tart and not too sweet. The eggs were free-range, from South Lodge's own hens: they are cute, they have fluffy legs and speckled brown bodies (the hens, not the eggs). Bacon was cooked the way only the English know how to do it: perfectly. Not too crispy, not too soggy - it is an AGA thing, you have to eat this type of rasher bacon before you will understand what I mean. 'Real' bread toast was served in a toast rack, with butter, jam (U.S. translation = jelly), and marmalade. Tomatoes were grilled (U.S. translation = broiled), and I think the sausages may have been grilled (broiled) too. The breakfast table was set with a bright table cloth, delicate china, and cute pottery. Daffodils, forsythia, and false raspberry flowers from the garden were set in a vase. We ate looking out onto the back lawn, admiring the potted herb garden and the sea-foam blue Wendy House: a ground floor perspective of our 'bedroom view'.

The breakfast/dining room is an elegant space that leads into the lounge. Both rooms have high ceilings, real fireplaces, and are lined with tall bookshelves. It seems that our hosts are voracious readers: travel books, cookery books, local history books, novels - you name the genre, I'm sure that they will have something enjoyable for you to borrow.

The sweet Joanna and gracious Paul, our hosts at South Lodge, had a knack for sensing from day-to-day whether we wanted company and a chat, or preferred to be left to own thoughts.On arrival we had been welcomed like family friends, rather than guests. The dogs had bounded out to meet us with enthusiasm and the spring flowers in the front garden sparked at us through dappled sunshine. We were quite sad to leave, and we look forward to returning. Think we had better book well in advance!

Room Tip: En-suite bedrooms are available. Some bedrooms have a private bathroom across the hall. There is no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OneGoodCook
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My partner and I had a great time staying at South Lodge over Valentine's weekend. The house is lovely, inside and out. The hosts welcoming. The bed(s) extremely comfortable. And the breakfasts scrumptious. Thoroughly recommended. We had a 2-for-1 deal via Sawdays/Guardian which made it amazing value for money for us.

Room Tip: Some rooms are en-suite with a shower. Others have access to a bath, which looked very inviting afte...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alanhudson
Burgstetten
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Very nice and big room, bathroom also very nice, big, all very clean. Friendly people, also helpful when needed. The breakfast was great with fruits etc. Thank you, we will come again if in the region

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betchworth
Hartsfield Manor Betchworth
#3 of 3 in Reigate
The Cranleigh Hotel
The Cranleigh Hotel
#2 of 3 in Reigate

Been to Brockham B&B? Share your experiences!