“Excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Olde Coach House
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking as our usually hotel in Daventry area was fully booked , located in lovely village , staff very pleasant rang to confirm arrival etc, room was small but very nice , huge bathrom , nice selection of tea coffee , sparkling water etc , great selection in bar , breakfast excellent , we have stayed in many local hotels and this has outshone them all , will book again

• Stayed July 2014
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear M4rkowills
Very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will book again, so we look forward to seeing you soon.
Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised - very comfortable room and exceptional bathroom. OK the room was not that big but had everything you could need - very good value. Had extras you would normally only get in a much more expensive hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Meal was good too.

Room Tip: Better view from upstairs.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Tony R
Thank you for posting your positive comments, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.
Daventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

poor food quality ,very small portions ,deluxe room no better than a standard.
would not recommend or stay again.rooms far too small and we paid for a deluxe
and found nothing special about our room apart from ii look out at eye level onto
the main carpark

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tony
So sorry to read that you did not enjoy anything about your visit to OCH which really is against the general opinion of our guests.
Regards
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

bargain room breakfast and premium room £60. quiet little village - with a real country feel. food and drinks in bar fairly priced. Rooms are quite small but very modern, one of the best I have stayed in. In the room we had a shower which was like a wet room - with a bath too. It was a big bathroom. lots of little things made this a pleasant stay. The only small thing is that check out should be at eleven (just gives you that little bit more lie in). and another being that the hotel rooms basic/premium should have a wider pricing gap between them as you gain more with a premium room. Loved the converted stables.

Room Tip: Ask for the guy fawkes room!
Dear Coby-Lee
Thank you for writing your positive comments and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this B&B because of the TA reviews for a special birthday trip.

We had a deluxe room in the new (separate) building, which was a good size with a large ensuite bathroom. We thought the room was very clean and tastefully decorated, although very stuffy even though we opened some windows when we were there. I suppose I shouldn't complain about having good weather! The bottom sheet on the bed wasn't fitted (or tucked in) so moved around a bit in the night, which was a little uncomfortable. I was given an extra pillow when I asked for one :) My husband is 6'4" and did not fit under the fixed shower head, although there was a moveable one he could use.

Despite emailing through our special dietary requirements two weeks before our stay and mentioning them again when we checked in, I was told they would be taken into account in the morning at breakfast, which was not true. The (embarrassed) lady who took our breakfast order offered to go to the shop and buy milk alternative but we said not to worry for the first morning as long as it could be available on the second morning. They did manage to find some wheat-free muffins I could have but the sausages and tomato sauce were not suitable. So for the second breakfast, there was soya milk, wheat-free bread and ketchup (but still no sausages) and a less embarrassed member of staff!

I was able to use the WiFi OK on my phone but my husband couldn't get a good connection on his phone.

I do not feel we got the best value for money but I think an overall "average" rating would be unfair.

Room Tip: "Barby" is right next to the fire door so expect some slamming as people use it. I was gl...
Dear Jenski
Sorry we did not provide the soya milk at breakfast on your first day I will ask the staff to take more notice of guests special requests on their booking forms in future.
I was surprised you had issues with our WIFI because we have installed a new system and it seems to be working fine as long as you log on to the main guest system.
Thank you for posting your comments because constructive feedback is always welcome.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I found the Olde Coach House following an Internet search and was pleased with the web site pictures and reviews on TA, on my arrival I was shown to my room which was well appointed in a separate building close to the pub, very nice bathroom with separate shower and bath, lovely furnishings tv etc, but the wifi was terrible, the signal was intermittent and continually dropped connection, also there's is little to no O2 signal so no chance I could 'piggy back' my mobile internet either. I would also advise a little more attention to detail with the cleaning of the rooms but nothing to worry about.

The food at dinner was very good, the steak was one of the best I've had and the whole meal was made from fresh ingredients, next morning the breakfast was also of the highest quality and the staff were all incredibly friendly.

Sort out the wifi issues and this place is a real find for the business traveller as the whole stay represents great VFM.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Russell
I have been away so I am not sure what the problem was with the WIFI because if you log into the main guest system there is not normally a problem but I will look into this.
I will make housekeeping aware of your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your dinner with us.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

A great mix of excellent service ....... excellent food....... and friendly staff.
Now will be my home from home when on business in this area for sure.
I really would struggle to find fault with The Olde Coach House ...and have never found a friendlier more attentive team.
Beats the big chain hotels by a long way....and its cheaper....in a wonderful setting and close to the major routes....yet still in the country.
10/10 and a big Thank You.

Room Tip: Welton overlooks the car park..... which is gravel and can be considered noisy if your sensitive...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Neville
Thank you for the 10 out of 10 comments and if you become a regular it will feel like home from home!.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashby Saint Ledgers
The World's End
#1 of 1 in Ecton
De Vere Staverton Estate
Brownsover Hall Hotel

Been to The Olde Coach House? Share your experiences!