“Conference Centre or Hotel?”

Highgate House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Creaton
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a one night bed, breakfast and evening meal whilst taking a short break in the Midland. Reviews were good so we were looking forward to our stay. Well I have to say the experience was a bit of a mixed bag. On the plus side the service at reception was excellent. We were given an enthusiastic and informative welcome. Similarly staff in the restaurant were equally helpful and positive. The rooms are good, modern and roomy, although the massive condensation on the windows was not good. Both breakfast and evening meals were very good, although dinner options a bit limited. Freshly cooked eggs for breakfast is always a big plus. On the negative side, the leisure facilities are spread across the estate with the pool some 75m across the car park from the sauna and fitness rooms. Also, as this is mainly a 7 days a week conference facility there are inevitably large groups staying at the hotel and consequently not ideal for those seeking a quite retreat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SGP_Kent
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear SGP-Kent,

Thankyou for your very constructive feedback.I would agree with your findings that Highgate could not be classed as a quiet venue but one with plenty of atmosphere and an ability to cater for parties of all sizes.I believe this was reflected in the standards of service you received during your stay with us.Ihope this will encourage you to visit us again soon particularly in the summer months when you will be able to take full advantage of our outdoor facilities and beautiful grounds,

Kind Regards,Paul Williams, General Manager.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Enjoyed a week long stay at Highgate for a conference. Staff is incredibly accommodating, grounds are lovely and rooms very comfortable. Our group was treated to dinner in the baronial hall which was a special treat!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Kellys 1162,

Thankyou for your kind words regarding your week-long stay with us.We were really glad we managed to serve one or your evening-meals in our magnificent Baronial Hall.

Please visit us again soon and bring some Texan Sunshine with you !

Kind Regards,Paul Williams, General Manager.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I attended Highgate house on a residential course for the first tier property Tribunal. A thoroughly excellent venue. Service food and accommodation of the highest standard. A most impressive venue. I could not have been more satisfied with the experience

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter M
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Peter M,

It was great to read that we looked after you well whilst you were attending a course here at Highgate House.

Hope you come back for the second tier !

Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Oh, what a place! The most enjoyable weekend I have been most privileged. My suite, the food, the surrounding landscape, the setting and the staff, all part of an indivisible sum! I wish the occasion had lasted longer so I could have tarried more! Firstly, I have never been so satisfied with the cooking anywhere else before my visit but please, oh please, and I say do please, if for nothing else go stay to savour the food! Your taste buds will go hmmm, this food is so tasty! The chefs deserve all the encomiums and the star rating they have on display.

Let me say if you are the type desirous of the peace and quiet with all the trappings of comfort, plus the rare solitude to reflect away from all the hustle and bustle of city living, this is your ideal destination for re-tuning your engine! The amenities provided combine both the idyllic and pragmatic with no conflict to the blend. It is quintessentially a lifestyle that you buy into with your custom albeit an imperious one! Very family friendly and perfectly suited to all needs but not for the noisy riotous blend I must say.

The staff were so polite, friendly and disarmingly warm that you maybe tempted to think it is not happening but, oh well, it is and just some Northamptonshire hospitality! What great bar staff too! Always quick at spotting the ones eager for a refill and pouring a perfect brew. Thank you guys, you all are the reason why I'm talking about you!

If you are persuaded to visit, please check out the Baronial room or is it a hall? This one lounge has an imperial dare to it from the antlers adorning the walls to the chesterfield leathered dining upholstery done in horse-blood red and ball-head metal studs reflecting a dim lighting effect. This was a bit of history retold in decorative silence of the life that once was and still is, regardless of that effluxion of time.

Permit me to say that I was part of an entourage of legal professional scholars billed to mingle and jingle with distinguished members of the English Bar including eminent jurists. There couldn't have been another perfect venue for such occasion where learning and socialising were to be a perfect mix.

On the afternoon of our last day, I stood just outside the reception in the open court yard facing the old house. I walked a few steps to the low stone boundary wall and looked down and ahead to the surrounding landscape, quite valley-like and shut my eyes. I felt a splurge of cold windy breeze on my face and the crispiness of the air that filled my nose filtered warmingly down into my lungs. It felt so fresh that I forgot the drizzles of rain beating threadingly on my face and momentarily, just momentarily, I planned my comeback. Highgate House will never be gone too soon from my memory!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ayo L

Dear Ayo L,

It looks like you enjoyed your weekend at Highgate House !

Thankyou for your very kind and eloquent words which I am afraid I could not possibly try to match ,

They will be passed on to all concerned ,

Best Wishes,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our wedding night. The bridal suite is beautiful photos do not do it justice. We booked serveral other rooms for our guests and they all commented on how lovely the rooms were. The food is amazing too. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nikki H,

Congratulations !

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in our Honeymoon Suite.May I wish you all the best for your future life together Thankyou, Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

What a shock, I arrived at the gate on a terrible wet and cold night, but was soon cheered up by a lovely warm welcome at the reception. The girl was so friendly and helpful, as if she knew me, she spent time giving me directions to all the facilities at highgate.
My room was large, warm and very comfortable, however it was right next to the road and all night I had considerable road noise from the window, which although double glazed was letting in a fair amount of draught and noise (although I was never cold due to the heating).
I went for dinner at the bar and again the barman/waiter was polite attentive and helpful, the food was fantastic, I had mustard chicken starter followed by cod and chips and both were fantastic.
I slept very well in my lovely room and had a great breakfast in the morning, chef on the breakfast bar was having a great laugh with everybody, the banter was fantastic and friendly. the food again was really nice,
Big thank you for a reasonabley priced excellent stay and great staff

Room Tip: dont have a room next to the road
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear redwoodpc,

Your feedback on your recent stay with us was a delight to read.

It's great that you have taken the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured your kind words will be shared with those members of our team who looked after you and I do hope you will stay with us again shortly,

Thankyou ,

Paul Williams, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This is predominantly a conference centre and there is no doubt that conferences and training is their main business. First impressions of the building from the car park don't give you the feeling that you have arrived at a nice hotel.

Feelings changed on arrival at reception, the receptionist was extremely welcoming and made a considerable effort to explain about the hotel facilities.

Every member of staff was friendly and welcoming.

The indoor pool didn't look at that great from a distance as it is located a short walk from the main building in a wooden building.
Again appearances were deceptive, the pool is brilliant and by far the warmest I have ever used. Another good point was that it is 1.5 metres constant depth which I liked.

Free tea coffee and snacks are available all day in the comfortable conservatory. Breakfast was really good with lots of choice with chef on hand to cook eggs to your liking, he was also very helpful and promoted the hotel group and facilities with genuine interest.

The rooms are a little small were spotless and well furnished, all public areas are well kept and clean.

Checkout was fast friendly and efficient.

We stayed on a Saturday so the hotel was quiet and very pleasant. I would be concerned about staying during the week as being predominantly a conference centre I expect that there would be a large number of business delegates and course attendees overwhelming the facilities.

However I would definitely stay here again for a relaxing weekend break.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank happyholidaymaker55
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear happyholidaymak,

Thankyou for your review concerning your stay with us at the weekend.

It sounds like you had a very relaxing time and made full use of all our facilities.

I do hope you will return soon and visit our new Bar which we have just refurbished,

With Best Wishes,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Creaton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton

Been to Highgate House Hotel? Share your experiences!