“Great staff and hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Creaton
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great staff and hotel”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Absolutely delightful from booking to checking out. The management should be proud of their whole team as they are a credit to the company. The hotel is in a beautiful setting with lovely rooms and well appointed bathrooms (fantastic shower). Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hotel in recent years with lots of choice available. We will definitely book with this hotel group again. Thank you for a delightful time

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Madwife28,

Thankyou for your very kind words.Yes,we are definetly very proud of our staff (As I maintain,our greatest asset.)Hope you do visit us again soon,

Best Wishes,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Rarely do I find the need to stop in this area due to the geography, but this night I did and I unearthed a treasure !
What a delight to see all the spring flowers and shrubs in the late afternoon sunshine - the smell of freshly mown grass everywhere.
The most attentive Czech receptionist and a really comfortable, spacious room.
I never eat in good restaurants alone whilst away as I consider it excessive, but the restaurant looked excellent and the bar meal I took was excellent.
Breakfast was wonderful, with Lee the well time served chef giving a great promotion of the hotel and the others in the small group.
Really enjoyable stay - thanks to all.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Bruce Hunter,

I am so glad you found us !.Thankyou for your kind words especially about Martina and Lee,they are much-appreciated especially from some-one who has travelled quite a bit !

Hope to see you again soon,Kind Regards, Paul Williams,General Manager.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Wow! Could be on here for some time . Here comes a novel. Looking for somewhere special, with character and modern amenities , got it. Loved the place . We had a room in the main building, it oozed character. Very spacious too. The swimming pool was lovely and warm.
Our evening meal was wonderful. Easy to see why the chef is an award winner. The staff are top notch and nothing is too much trouble. The only thing missing was a Ghost ! Breakfast....what a feast. If that is what you want. All you could wish for was there and the cooked breakfast us great.
Can't wait to go back again , this time for a longer visit.
We really really highly recommend Highgate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building and in the grounds. I am sure all are excellent but we chose one in the m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeff1 87046,

Thankyou for your very kind words regarding your stay with us this week,It was a pleasure meeting you as well(hope you had a good journey back to Harrogate).

We look forward to seeing you again soon(perhaps when you escape the Tour de France !)

Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.
London, England
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed one night here before visiting Northampton on a family get together. Was booked via an internet deals site which made it good value.

We were given a modern room in the annexe which was large and comfortable with lots of windows. The windows were covered by very light coloured blinds - not helpful in the summer as they don't block the light.

We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel and service was good, despite there being a large function in the hotel. The dining area is very large and I don't think would suit a romantic couple, but for a family get together it was ideal.

We saw people being served food in the bar area and the portions looked very generous.

In the restaurant there was a table d'hote menu so not a great deal of choice, but the food we had was tasty and well cooked.

Check out time was 10.30 on a Sunday which is a bit early if you are there for a relaxing break. We just had time to go back to our rooms after breakfast and pack before we had to leave.

Overall a pleasant hotel and I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear lOvaduck,

It wa great to read such a positive review from some-one who has obviously travelled a great deal.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon.

Hope your Family Get-Together went well !

Meppershall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I chose this hotel to meet up with friends for a general catch up. From start to finish the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. We had a lovely afternoon tea in the small cosy library complete with roaring fire and comfy seats. The tea was excellent and although we tried, we could not clear all the platters. We shall be booking again for our next get together.

Room Tip: The library is ideal for quiet private meal.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Lorna P,

Thankyou for letting us know how much you and your friends enjoyed your Afternoon Tea in our Library.
May I suggest that next time you visit us you ask to see our newly-refurbished Bar and Lounge.

This is also proving to be very popular as a venue for light snacks and,of course,Afternoon Tea as well.

Hope you visit us again soon,

Rugby
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've used this venue for work many times over the years and the consistency of the staff is the redeeming feature. The manager is very hands on and very present which shows in the staff - i.e. the staff are simply outstanding. The food is consistently good too. I can't comment on the bedrooms as I'm local so only use as a day delegate although my business clients who stay there tell me the rooms are 'fine'.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear T44NJB,

It was great to read your review-like you I believe our greatest asset is our staff,with a close second being the quality and consistency of the food we serve.

I hope you will visit us again soon and please let me know when you do ,it would be great to say
hello,

Kind regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Without the helpful and attentive nature of the staff team it would have been an average review. Room was clean, of a good size but uncomfortably warm. I should have guessed there was a problem when I found two electric fans in the room. I have no idea where the heat was coming from (obviously I checked the radiators were off). Parking was plentiful and the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time. Facilities in the room were above average. Not bad for the £80 a night I paid (double room for single occupancy).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above reception, from what I gather from friends they all had a problem with the heat.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vanessa P
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Vanessa P,

Thankyou for your kind words concerning what we believe to be our greatest asset-our staff.
I know they will appreciate you taking the time to let us know your findings.

Please be assured we will endeavour to rectify the issues you faced with the heat in your room.

I do hope you will visit again soon if only for our great breakfast !

Best Wishes,Paul Williams,General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creaton
Woodside Hotel
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle

Been to Highgate House Hotel? Share your experiences!