Highgate House Hotel
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
US$84
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$101
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
The Langham Hotel(Northampton)
US$61
Travelocity
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
US$52
US$72
Park Inn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main houseterrace restaurantbaronial hallred letterold housefree tea and coffeeconference venueswimming poollovely venueeggs cooked to orderbridal suitehot drinksevening mealwedding breakfastmain restaurantwedding receptionbeautiful house
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the first time that I have stayed here and am looking forward to a return visit.
My room (126) was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the noise levels were quite low so that's my top three requirements satisfied.
What's more the staff were very good, parking was not a problem and breakfast was good

For me the only downside was the evening meal, maybe |I chose the wrong option

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear impulsivearies,

Thankyou for your very positive review,I hope you will return soon and give us the opportunity to fulfill all your expectations-our Chef always like a challenge !

Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We always come here for our 'awayday' overnight visit.

The Floyd conference facilities are very good, with a large light main room and a couple of breakout rooms. There are always plenty of water, coffee, sweets etc available.

The Drawing Room is a very gracious setting for dinner, with lovely views, and the food was very good too.

Friendly staff and a lovely peaceful location. What's not to like?

Room Tip: Some rooms are in annexes in the grounds. I have found the rooms in the main building near the reception more convenient and more comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Martin 112358,

It was great to receive another review from .Thankyou for your very kind words-they are much appreciated and will be passed on to all staff concerned.

I hope you will continue using us for your "Awayday visits" and we will do our best to continue meeting your expectations,

With Best Wishes,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Brilliant Staff throughout the Hotel and Facilities. The location is great. The Hotel is in lovely grounds and we will certainly stay again. The Hotel is spotless and well maintained. The price was great value for money. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Sarah 3083,

Thankyou for your very kind words and recommendation.I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Four of us had flown into the nearby Sywell airfield and Highgate house was 15 mins away in a taxi (£20 from the airfield booked by us, £30 return booked by the hotel, suggest book your own taxi's). With very good rates for a Friday night stay, I was a little worried what to expect however all was well and we all had a great stay. Like other reviews the photo's and website give an impression of a big old country house, this is not the case and maybe some will be disappointed if that's what they are expecting, the hotel seems like lots of smaller buildings joined up over the years with little character, not a problem but not the impression given!!!. Check in was straight forward and very friendly giving us directions to everywhere on the site, our rooms in the main building they were very clean, comfy bed, lots of space and everything you would expect from a 4 star room. We ate in the main dining room and food was cooked to perfection and tasted really well, my only gripe was the menu was limited (4 main's and no beef!) and although there was a separate menu for the other restaurant we were discouraged from ordering steak from it! I do not like when my starter arrives before the drinks, this shouldn't happen, enough time should be given to bring out bread/oil and wine before starters arrive, it gives the impression of being rushed. We used the sauna and well equipped gym in the morning before breakfast but didn't bother with the pool, food was required. Very nice breakfast all that you would need and a very friendly chef, often not the case. All in all we had a great overnight stay would I stay again, yes for an overnight stay if I was in the area but for longer with the wife maybe not only because of the lack of character.

Room Tip: I had room 248, above reception, quiet, clean and roomy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Dave Ando,

Thankyou for your very detailed review.It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would encourage you to stay again and for longer if only to visit the surrounding area.Northamptonshire is a beautiful county and still quite undiscovered in parts.

I would also suggest you ask for one of our Main House rooms,they have bags of character !

Hope to see you soon,Kind Regards,Paul Williams,General Manager.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The photos online are very misleading giving the impressions of a fabulous country pile with real character. On arrival in the main car park it's more 70's planning mismatch than country splendour. The main reception is more corporate than we were expecting and it became very obvious that this was a venue with rooms rather than a place to settle down and enjoy in it's own right. The rooms in the main house are described as deluxe and our experience was they were far from this rather generous description. Room 208 was small, shabby and although the view was lovely the A road only 20 metres from the window was very off putting. The biggest niggle were the hot water pipes running externally behind and under the bed turning the room into a hot house! The reception staff were lovely quickly relocating us to a quieter room without said pipes. The modern coffee lounge with hot drinks on tap all day was a nice touch and the bright airy breakfast room was nice. Breakfast was a fairly standard affair, why or why food is left to spoil under heat lamps for hours is beyond me when a breakfast chef was so obviously on site. On reflection Highgate House is more pit stop than country escape, does it warrant the prices charged? I am not convinced, but Northampton does appear to be a real quality accommodation black spot so it is probably fair for this area.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Hawthorn block are away from the main road and have space but absolutely no character and the softest beds known to man!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buggsi
SundialManager, Manager at Highgate House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Buggsi

Thankyou very much for your recent review and observations therein.I would like to assure you it is certainly not our intention to mislead,however we obviously do wish to show Highgate in the best possible light.Logistically the main car-park is at the rear of the building which enables the Front Gardens to be traffic-free.

Your comments concerning the bedrooms have been noted and will be actioned where possible during our on-going refurbishment programme.

Kind Regards,Paul Williams ,General Manager.