This is a nice hotel in the heart of Northamptonshire just a short drive to the town centre and close to the M1 motorway. Set in the village of Creaton in the middle of the countryside the hotel grounds are quite extensive and are centred around a country house that is used as a conference centre.
The hotel is really conference centre with extensive facilities for training and team building courses but also offers comfortable and clean accomodation facilities that are modern with clean lines. The rooms have recently been refurbished and have en-suite, an ironing board, trouser press, tea and coffee facilities and TV with some digital channels available. There is also a gym and an indoor swimming pol for the use of residents and a pathway in the grounds which is good for jogging.
The restaurant is excellent both in terms of ambience, service quality of food although the menu is a little limited. There is a bar and games room with Sky Sports.
Overall this is a very nice hotel with good service and friendly staff. I got a good deal on laterooms which made it better, the advertised room rates are a little expensive in my opinion although it is a 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Based in and around a 17th century mansion, Highgate House is a beautiful country house hotel set amongst rolling countryside,just 7 miles from Northampton. Accommodation consists of 97 en-suite bedrooms, all of which are individually decorated. Some of the bedrooms are located in the original building whilst the majority are housed in areas across the estate. Each room is fully equipped with hot drink facilities, an alarm clock-radio with iPod docking station, a television and toiletries from the Gilchrist and Soames 'BeeKind` range. You stay also includes includes free WiFi, use of the fitness room and pool, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Guests can look forward to a delicious seasonal menu prepared by the award-winning team of chefs, headed up by Lee Gaskins, who has won Northamptonshire's Chef of the Year twice. Food is served in the brasserie-style Terrace Restaurant and lighter meals can be enjoyed in the main bar area. Traditional afternoon tea is available between 3-6pm daily, with a selection of sandwiches,homemade cakes and scones with cream and jam. Leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna and tennis courts. The hotel's 26 acres of grounds also offer an idyllic setting for walking, with easy access to the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Highgate House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highgate House, a Sundial Venue Hotel Northampton
- Highgate Hotel Northampton