Highgate House Hotel
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
US$87
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$105
Priceline
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$105
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
The Langham Hotel(Northampton)
US$63
US$85
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
US$50
US$95
US$79
  • Pool
US$57
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main houseterrace restaurantbaronial hallred letterold housefree tea and coffeeconference venueswimming poollovely venueeggs cooked to orderbridal suitehot drinksevening mealwedding breakfastmain restaurantwedding receptionbeautiful house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2007

What an interesting place. A country house on one side, Crossroads Motel round the back.
The main house is lovely: a real English mansion house, but the extensions for conferences etc at the back really spoil the overall appeal. This is a great pity because the staff are lovely and very efficient and I had the best night's sleep ever in a hotel room!
The surrounding countryside is beautiful , the views are great, but how did the planners allow the new developments to sprawl across such a beautiful site?
I was at a conference which worked smoothly , everyone checked out with no problems , the food was good , the bar pleasant and welcoming. What a pity that everyone's reaction to Highgate House was negative because of the poor design of the new buildings.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Snowweasel
Reviewed 26 September 2006

My wife and I stayed over a Sunday night, taking advantage of their special £95 DBB break.
On Sundays, most guests are accommodated in the old house, in splendid large rooms furnished with antiques. Ours was about 25' square with an equally large bathroom, and really very luxurious.
Apart from us and another group, the hotel seemed deserted - it is a conference centre in the week - and we had free warren of the great hall, library, etc, as well as the grounds.
The old building has had some rather nondescript additions in the form of wings, where we might not have been so content.
Dinner was from a rather restricted menu but excellent and well served. Unusually, the vegetables were particularly good. It was unclear what was included in the DBB break, but in fact we had about £50 (at menu prioces) of food included in the break without extra charge. Breakfast was also excellent and varied.
Bed not uncomfortable but equipped with a duvet --- much too hot for summer use. Otherwise, ambience and facilities excellent, and service good.
Although we experienced the same sort of sensation as a mini-cruise on the Marie Celeste, we very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Loughtonian1
Reviewed 18 September 2006

Having had a miserable experience on our first visit to this hotel, the management tried to put things right and invited us back. This wouldn't have happened at many hotels, so we were pleasantly surprised and took them up on the offer. This time, we had a room in the main part of the hotel - the country house itself - and ate in the spendid library. The old country house at the core of the hotel is lovely, and our room was very pleasant - a real contrast to our earlier experience. The staff were great - friendly, helpful and courteous throughout. They recommended a lovely reservoir walk nearby (it was delightful) and made a real effort to make our stay memorable. The food was very good and bar prices are not extortionate - they served a very good pint of ale in the popular, comfortable (if smoky) bar. We would happily return if staying in the area - as long as we had a room in the main house itself.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Roskers
Reviewed 7 June 2006

I stayed at Highgate house for a conference and experienced the hotels flawless delegate package.

The staff were incredibly, professional, friendly and ridiculously accommodating and made my stay divine.

The hotel is set in a beautiful location and was perfect for a totally relaxing getaway weekend.

The rooms are of a very good standard yet it's the staff and service that stood out for me. I am a wheat intolerant vegan so you can imagine how I struggle finding something that I can eat, yet the chefs at Highgate House provided delicious meals for me and friends three times a day plus snacks if we asked for them!

Conference facilites are truly excellent and I will be holding each and every event I ever arrange at this location.

The hotel is a credit to its owners!!! I cannot recommend it more!

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank SandE06
Reviewed 21 May 2006

This is a nice hotel in the heart of Northamptonshire just a short drive to the town centre and close to the M1 motorway. Set in the village of Creaton in the middle of the countryside the hotel grounds are quite extensive and are centred around a country house that is used as a conference centre.

The hotel is really conference centre with extensive facilities for training and team building courses but also offers comfortable and clean accomodation facilities that are modern with clean lines. The rooms have recently been refurbished and have en-suite, an ironing board, trouser press, tea and coffee facilities and TV with some digital channels available. There is also a gym and an indoor swimming pol for the use of residents and a pathway in the grounds which is good for jogging.

The restaurant is excellent both in terms of ambience, service quality of food although the menu is a little limited. There is a bar and games room with Sky Sports.

Overall this is a very nice hotel with good service and friendly staff. I got a good deal on laterooms which made it better, the advertised room rates are a little expensive in my opinion although it is a 4 star hotel.

6  Thank sparkdog15