“Dated”

Ranked #1 of 2 Desborough B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Dated”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night as was attending an evening function at The Ritz opposite.
Very friendly and helpful staff. The main pub is as you'd expect with football on the telly etc.
Room was very dated, taps were broken in bathroom and just looked a bit unloved, although the beds were very comfy. Breakfast was great, served by the chef and all you'd want a cooked breakfast to be.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cobham, Surrey
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Pros first. Good on site parking, good location. Rooms are quite tidy and have been recently refurbed
Cons... When I got here it was pouring with rain. I was told they don't take cards so had to walk out and go to a cash point. Who doesn't take cards nowadays..? To get to reception you have to walk through the pub to the bar looking for someone to check you in. First bar I got to some guy told me I'd be in for a long wait and that I should go to the next one. No one behind this one either, but a customer, obviously a local shouted over to a table in the corner were two women sat and one came over and checked me in. Friendly staff, so that's a good thing. some kind if signage would have been helpful...
Not all of the rooms have numbers on the doors, you have to guess if you stay past room 3...!
Had to be up for 7.30, but no chance of that happening. From 6.45 banging and clattering outside the room and then there's a banging at my door and in walks some woman. "Oh sorry, thought you'd gone"...
Check out is at 10, but regardless, why the heck are they banging on doors so bloomin early in the morning!!! And walking straight in. Madness. If I'd left they'd have had my keys back...
Summary. Had it not been for the early morning intruder it would have been an ok stay. £30 for the night and comfortable enough. I'd stay again but make sure I prop something behind the door to stop the early morning wake up visits! A good place to stay but very annoying in the morning...

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin M
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while working nights in the area, what a great place. Everyone we met couldn't do enough to help, they even made us our breakfast at 12 because we were working nights. The food there was amazing and huge portions which is just what we needed :-). If we were ever even close again we would try to stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank burkey89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desborough
Travelodge Kettering
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to The George? Share your experiences!