“Amazing, amazing, amazing spa”

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Preston, United Kingdom
“Amazing, amazing, amazing spa”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Previously reviewed but I thought I would post again after another visit. The thermal journey is fantastic and very relaxing. Perfect to warm you through in winter. The venue is well kept and maintaining standard well. Two points to make - ask for gown and slippers at reception. I use my plastic flip flops for the thermal journey but the gown and slippers are nice for afterwards, getting lunch or a treatment. Dont bother to take into thermal journey, they get mixed up or soaked. Secondly, we ordered a snack at lunch in the brasserie. We both picked sandwiches served with fries and mixed lettuce. However, there was a generous topping of salt, even over the lettuce. Some people would enjoy this seasoning but I'm not used to adding salt to my meals. We were both left feeling dehydrated! Next time I would request no salt, prefer to season myself.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linzalin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Well done to Ribby for a wonderful package from the decor of the suite we stayed in to the helpfulness of the staff. The evening meal we had as part of the spa package was superb and the service/food was of 5* standard. The continental buffet in the morning steered clear of the usual tinned fruit assortment you usually find in a bog standard 4* hotel and everything was fresh and appetising. The cooked breakfast was available in addition to this and was also a superior standard.

The spa shouldn't escape a mention and as well as the superb array of facilities it was pleasantly reassuring to see the staff inspecting the cleanliness and taking water samples of the jacuzzi to ensure hygiene standards were fully maintained.

While my rating was rounded to 5* there are, as always room for improvement and I welcome the management to message me for my constructive feedback although inappropriate for this review.

Thank you to my amazing girlfriend and Ribby Hall for making my birthday a really special day.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

As soon as you arrive, you're welcomed by efficiency, smiles and warmth. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, quiet and calm.

Our package gave us unlimited access to a Spa like no other. It's an Aqua Thermal Journey - seven different sauna and steam rooms, each a little warmer and more intense than the next, perfectly balanced to take away your worries, some with a scent, others using colour, another outside so you shiver your way into the heat. And by the end of an hour, you rest on a warm bed, completely relaxed.

With our package, we stay two nights and only change out of our luxurious robes and slippers to dress for dinner on one night.

Dinner in the brasserie (with a Margarita to start!) is wonderful, unpretentious and full of flavour. Since they got their second rosette, the chef seems to have calmed down and there are less adventurous extras. Now it's beautifully balanced.

I don't want you to go to Ribby Hall as I don't want it to get so busy I can't get my favourite room or my favourite table or my favourite space in the Spa. But it is an experience you should try at least once.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

surprised my wife with a weekend away for her birthday and it was a fantastic weekend. she had a mum to be massage and loved it. cannot wait to go back. Breakfast and lunch was good but had dinners out to get out of the hotel. staff were all good and the standard room was to a very good standard better than we expected

Room Tip: standard room was bigger than we expected, cannot comment on the other rooms as we have only stayed...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to Ribby Hall for an overnight stay in the hotel, an afternoon 'Spa Experience' and evening meal.
The first thing to say is that the Hotel/Spa first impression was excellent. The staff being helpful & positive and everywhere looked spotlessly clean.
I won't repeat all the good things that other reviewers have submitted - they are right.
The particular things we enjoyed were:-

1. The Spa area was brilliantly clean, well-appointed and with lots of different options. The outdoor hot tub session watching the sunset was a real bonus.

2. The food at evening meal was simply outstanding. We had beef & lamb meals that were presented and cooked to perfection.

3. All the staff we met were helpful and intent on making sure we had a good (without being the slightest bit 'pushy'). Particularly positive were the restaurant staff who knew exactly how good the food was but were not pretentious about it and were happy to explain options.

Overall an impeccable experience that we will definitely being repeating.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the wide open spaces, which is a lovely view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My daughter took me here for a birthday treat, where we took the Aqua Thermal Journey. The hotel is very modern, with welcoming staff. The event was explained to us and we were taken through to the ladies changing room, tastefully appointed with showers, hair dryers, hair straighteners etc....and under floor heating so you don't get your feet cold! We were issued with soft fluffy robes, towels and soft sandals, so all you need to take is your cozzie. After we got changed we wandered back to the bistro bar and had a glass of wine, there were lots of people doing the same thing. After a shower we embarked on our trip around various steam rooms, gradually increasing in heat, interspersed with showers, foot spas etc. Each sauna was different, one was herb scented, one was light sensitive, and I quite liked the Balinese salt one.....though I didn't stay in that one long! There was also a bucket of cold water shower (most invigorating, I promise!) and a huge bowl of ice to rub down with......we even used that, and it was great! There' s also a thermal pool and we finished off outside in the hot tub with glorious views of the surrounding countryside. Very relaxing, most enjoyable and would have no hesitation in going again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill D
Cheshire
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just celebrated our 25th anniversary here - what an absolute treat! The staff were warm, helpful and attentive. Our room was just a standard double, but it was clean, well proportioned, with a comfy bed and lovely view out over the spa Zen Garden and over the Lancashire countryside. Nice little touch to find an unexpected 'Happy Anniversary' card from the staff in our room too!

The spa itself had a good range of saunas, steam rooms, relaxation areas, an outdoor hot tub and again, the attentive staff made sure we knew what we were doing and where we were going. After enjoying 5 hours in the spa, my husband and I had a side-by-side hot stone massage and again, were both thoroughly impressed by the expertise of our therapists. As a keen runner, I've had countless 'massages' that have had no impact at all, but this was a good, deep massage, that really worked the lactic acid out of the muscles.

Then there was the food...

Wow! What a surprise. We really didn't expect it to be the quality it was. From afternoon tea to our evening meal and breakfast the next morning, every meal was beautifully prepared and presented. Fresh ingredients, nothing over cooked, and an adventurous menu.

The only slight niggle if I have one is that the hotel was understandably popular with Hen Parties, some of whom got quite loud in the spa, with too much shrieking. It would have been good if there was someone on hand to remind the louder parties to respect that people had come to relax, or if there were something on entry to remind us to be respectful and keep noise to a minimum.

Returned home unwound, shoulders 3 inches lower & ready for the Xmas onslaught! Will definitely be back :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
#8 of 17 in Lytham St Anne's
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!