“Not ideal for business travelers”

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall is a very nice facility with a good level of service. However, its location at the top end of a group of vacation condos and a caravan park make it less than ideal for the business traveler.
On the plus side, the rooms I've had when staying there are roomy by European standards and kept well appointed. The bed is too soft, but that's a matter of taste I suppose.
Also on the plus side, the restaurant is excellent. I had one of the best meals of my recent trip at the Spa Hotel restaurant. It was pricey, but worth it.
On the negative side, check-in always takes a long time. I don't know why. They always seem slightly discombobulated about checking people in. And the breakfast is very expensive for what you get.
I've stayed here three times over the past couple of years and I find it comfortable and pleasant but I can't say that I actually look forward to being there each time. However, there just aren't any real options nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Myself & my fiancé attended the spa and lunch facility today.This is our third time in attendance at Ribbey Hall.On arrival at 0940 hours we were quickly checked in and were given a customary bathrobe towel & slippers.After changing we made our way into the Spa Facility.

The spa facility comprises of around 7 or 8 water stations.The spa was spotless and the staff were on hand to cater for any of our needs.The outside hot tub has to be experienced.The whole process takes around a hour.We then crashed out on loungers in the Zen garden.The sun was beating down and ducks were going about their business while we were relaxing.

Second stint in the aqua journey,this time I built up courage to experience the tipping of ice cold water from a bucket above my head.We concluded our journey once we reached chill out city.Sun loungers at the ready one last time.This experience was nothing short of magnificent.

Around 1145 we had changed in the spotless changing rooms and made our way to the restaurant.The option was starter/main course or main course/sweet.

We were escorted to our table,drinks were ordered and food order promptly taken.I had the salmon for starter and for mains I had the slow cooked Moroccan Lamb with couscous.My partner had a different salmon and spicy sausage pasta.

I must say this is one of the best meals I have had since,well the last time I attended this restaurant to which I had the pleasure of eating a chicken in a curry type sauce.I make no apologies this was a fantastic bill of fayre which could be served in any restaurant on King Street In Manchester.Only difference is the price is a fraction.

The waiting on staff were dressed in a Brannigan style uniform of black.They were all polite, professional and turned out like I was dining at Le Gavroche.What a credit to to your company.I will return.The whole experience for both myself and my fiancé set my back less than £80...

The sum up.The aqua journey was fantastic and the food dove tailed in to complete three hours of complete bliss.A pampering day of gastronomic proportions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a mid week aqua thermal journey package which included a night in the spa hotel, a table and two course meal in the brasserie restaurant, breakfast and a bottle of sparkling wine in the room. When we first arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff and made our way to our room which is very spacious and decorated lovely the massive bed was probably the comfiest bed I have ever slept on! The room had TV tea and coffee equipment a mini fridge with fresh milk water and our wine all complimentary. We put on our spa slippers and robes and set out to the spa. Again very friendly staff clean changing areas etc. the aqua thermal journey was very relaxing and you can stay as long as you like and go between the various saunas steam rooms and hot tub. Being mid week we found that it was not too quiet or busy just right infact. After a few hours we sampled some food from the bar which was lovely before spending some more time in the spa. My fiancée had booked us a Swedish massage and again found the staff superb. Our meal was delicious plentiful and amazingly presented. At no point was there any pressure to have treatments your left alone to relax and enjoy even Andrew the spa manager whilst wandering round stopped to ask if everything was ok if we needed anything etc. we could have stayed a week! We will be returning and highly recommend going

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank turner_and_hooch
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went for a three night break to The Spa Hotel. Spoilt within an inch of my life! Upgraded to a suite. (Thank you) Can't recommend it enough. Book it now! Complimentary bottle of champagne and a birthday card on the day were a perfect touch.

As ever, the meal in the Brasserie was wonderful. Amuse Bouche, starter, main and pud all perfect.

I can't recommend the Aqua Thermal Journey enough, whether you're a Spa Connoisseur or a first-timer. Relax, unwind and enjoy.

And the Spa Break Deal means you get it all. Someone even said it's better than Hoar Cross Hall which is, I believe, considered amongst the best.

And no, I don't work for them. I just love what they do and the way they do it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. It's quieter (apart from the ducks!)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a spa experience with meal included and we added on a mud experience it was wonderful and such good value for money. Very clean and all of the staff are so friendly and eager to help. The food was fantastic too.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had an overnight stay at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village. Included in the package was an aqua thermal journey. This was a very relaxing and enjoyable way to start our stay. It was the first time my husband had taken part in any sort of spa day and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The accomodation and staff were first class, nothing was too much trouble. The meal at night was excellent as well. Overall I would highly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the property, which overlooked the gardens and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Once again a most enjoyable stay :)

Superb staff, helpful as always

Spa, the best in this area without a doubt

Treatments, had the best facial with thanks to Athena

Food, superb as always

Rooms, spotlessly clean, snuggly beds, gorgeous bathrooms

Many thanks to Andrew, Lorna and the team :)

Look forward to return visit as always

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
The Queens Hotel - Lytham
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
The Villa Express Kirkham
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Barton Grange Hotel
Barton Grange Hotel
#4 of 15 in Preston

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!