“Lovely Spa Break and Fabulous food”

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spa Break and Fabulous food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a lovely overnight spa break here,

The hotel is only small as is the spa area but it's not overcrowded so quiet and tranquil with no waiting to used the various steam rooms/saunas

The Spa area is immaculately clean but everything is just so hot, I understand all the steam rooms and saunas are going to be hot and believe me i enjoy a warm jacuzzi however the outside jacuzzi was too hot to use, much hotter then any other I have used in various other spas I have visited. Disappointed that there is no swimming pool just a lovely (but again vary hot) hydrotherapy pool.

I think they could do with a cool down area/pool for relaxation

Also it has a lovely seating ares at the back but no service for drinks and food so you have to go all the way back through the spa and out to the bar are to order refreshments,

The food in the brasserie was lovely and the service was great so cannot faulty this

The hotel rooms are

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Manchester
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed with a friend. We used the spa facilities although didn't have any treatments as we just wanted to unwind in the spa. Fantastic experience with many steam rooms and saunas and a big hydrotherapy pool. Hot tub outside was large and plenty of seating inside and out.
Food was excellent. Breakfast was the best id ever had.
The rooms were very clean and well designed.
We both thought the staff were exceptional. Very helpful, polite and efficient. They couldn't do enough for us and really made us feel that we were in a luxury hotel.
Would definitely stay again.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Ribby Spa Hotel for 1 night on Friday 20th June. This wasn't our first spa break there but this time the staff went over and above to make our stay special. We were a party of 6 ladies and after a delicious lunch in the brasserie did the thermal journey. Thoroughly recommend paying the extra for the mud experience. We had booked a 2 suite again for some of our party as it gives a great place to sit and natter.

Unfortunately one of our party had her flight delayed so could not join us. The hotel manager, Mr Andrew Scott himself went out of his way to look after us at dinner - and at breakfast the next morning. And although we couldn't get a refund for our missing person he did what he could. I also have to compliment one of the waiters - again he went over and above- we didn't get his name but his hairstyle was a topic of conversation. He told us he had worked there for 2 months. Mr Scott hang on to him!! Although to be fair all the staff were fantastic. We will be back again soon. x

Room Tip: If you are in a group 3 or 4 could share a 2 bed suite
2 Thank Cal P
Heacham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst meeting up with family. They stayed in self-catering accommodation in the grounds, which I would highly recommend for families. We enjoyed our stay in the Hotel, lovely staff, helpful and friendly. The rooms are superb and stocked with gorgeous freebies! Didn't make as much use of the Spa because of family, but will return!
Beautiful location for spot of indulgence!

Room Tip: If you're lucky, as we were, you'll be upgraded to the Penthouse! Small hotel, so not too mu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a spa package with a one night say, dinner, spa access and massage. The spa facilities are excellent as are the hotel staff and spa team. After a very stressful month myself and husband needed to 'chill' and this was the perfect place to rejuvenate ourselves. The food in the brasserie was lovely, fresh and locally sourced. We look forward to coming back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ljsow
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall is a very nice facility with a good level of service. However, its location at the top end of a group of vacation condos and a caravan park make it less than ideal for the business traveler.
On the plus side, the rooms I've had when staying there are roomy by European standards and kept well appointed. The bed is too soft, but that's a matter of taste I suppose.
Also on the plus side, the restaurant is excellent. I had one of the best meals of my recent trip at the Spa Hotel restaurant. It was pricey, but worth it.
On the negative side, check-in always takes a long time. I don't know why. They always seem slightly discombobulated about checking people in. And the breakfast is very expensive for what you get.
I've stayed here three times over the past couple of years and I find it comfortable and pleasant but I can't say that I actually look forward to being there each time. However, there just aren't any real options nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Myself & my fiancé attended the spa and lunch facility today.This is our third time in attendance at Ribbey Hall.On arrival at 0940 hours we were quickly checked in and were given a customary bathrobe towel & slippers.After changing we made our way into the Spa Facility.

The spa facility comprises of around 7 or 8 water stations.The spa was spotless and the staff were on hand to cater for any of our needs.The outside hot tub has to be experienced.The whole process takes around a hour.We then crashed out on loungers in the Zen garden.The sun was beating down and ducks were going about their business while we were relaxing.

Second stint in the aqua journey,this time I built up courage to experience the tipping of ice cold water from a bucket above my head.We concluded our journey once we reached chill out city.Sun loungers at the ready one last time.This experience was nothing short of magnificent.

Around 1145 we had changed in the spotless changing rooms and made our way to the restaurant.The option was starter/main course or main course/sweet.

We were escorted to our table,drinks were ordered and food order promptly taken.I had the salmon for starter and for mains I had the slow cooked Moroccan Lamb with couscous.My partner had a different salmon and spicy sausage pasta.

I must say this is one of the best meals I have had since,well the last time I attended this restaurant to which I had the pleasure of eating a chicken in a curry type sauce.I make no apologies this was a fantastic bill of fayre which could be served in any restaurant on King Street In Manchester.Only difference is the price is a fraction.

The waiting on staff were dressed in a Brannigan style uniform of black.They were all polite, professional and turned out like I was dining at Le Gavroche.What a credit to to your company.I will return.The whole experience for both myself and my fiancé set my back less than £80...

The sum up.The aqua journey was fantastic and the food dove tailed in to complete three hours of complete bliss.A pampering day of gastronomic proportions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#37 of 73 in Blackpool
Northcote Hotel
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!