“Wasn't that impressed ”

The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I got a voucher for mine and my husband birthday for an aqua thermal journey with tea included. Don't get me wrong the place looked lovely and it was relaxing I just give it 3 stars because in the women's changing rooms I wasn't happy that I had to change in the toilets because there was only 1 cubicle and the afternoon tea we should of got an option of what we wanted because I didn't like any of the stuff that was bought out to me.
But the staff was very professional and pleasant and the aqua thermal journey was nice and relaxing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was our first visit to ribby and probably wont be our last. We had treat ourselves to a weekend away child free :-) and we were not disappointed. We had booked a one bed suite which was beautiful, well designed, clean and comfortable. The only slight and i mean slight issue was, We were quite near the bar which was quite noisy once we went to bed. There were double doors between the rooms and the bar which maybe should be closed in the evenings. The spa day was just wonderful. Had an hour in the spa and then spent the rest of the day on the gorgeous outdoor sun deck sipping wine and just chillaxing which is what we were there for. An outside bar would be fab (hint hint) for those glorious summer days. Lunch and dinner were fab. Although portions are quite small we really enjoyed the flavours the meals delivered. The treatment I had in the spa was the best I had ever had and didn't want it to end. Overall we had an amazing time. Thank you to Andrew and your team for a memorable weekend :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The Place is amazing, food delicious, the staff is very friendly. I have a wonderful day. Excellent Service, i like the sauna and aromatherapy.i will return definitely.i would recommend the tagliatelle al pesto and peach flan was very good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have visited this spa twice now on the aqua thermal journey and dinner deal, once in May for my sisters hen do and then again for my birthday this month with my partner. Each time was first rate. Excellent customer service, a thoroughly relaxing spa experience and delucious, high quality food.

I cannot recommend this place enough - beautiful spa and fantastic service!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a two hour twilight thermal journey at this gorgeous spa topped off with bubbly on the patio overlooking the stunning scenery. The whole experience from start to finish was superb and all for £29 lots of different steam rooms a great outdoor jacuzzi set in lovely peaceful zen gardens/chill out areas beautiful on a hot summer's evening which we were lucky to have. The changing rooms have all Elemis products in the showers and there are hairdryers and hair straighteners can't wait to return felt so relaxed didn't want to leave.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I took my mum here for a one night stay for her 60th birthday.
Where to start! From booking to the moment we left this place, it was INCREDIBLE! The staff are all a credit to the spa. Clearly Ribby Hall have worked hard to ensure that they have hired and trained the best people. All the staff are extremely helpful, happy and professional. I am sure everybody has been to places that are fabulous but one member of staff takes the shine off it. Well that certainly does not happen at Ribby Hall. The best service I have ever received anywhere (including worldwide). I really cannot single out staff because that would be unfair as everybody was perfect In the jobs they are in.
We had a standard room. I had requested a free upgrade on booking as it was for a special occasion. We were assured if this was available then we would have it. Fair enough we didn't get this but I am sure it was because it wasn't available. I really cannot complain though as our room was beautiful and far from standard. Perfectly cleaned with everything in it you could need.
The aqua thermal journey was fabulous. So clean and very high quality fixtures and fitting. Every experience you could ask for. It is not too big but this was perfect as it was very peaceful and never over crowded. Just what you want for a relaxing spa break. Zen garden lovely and peaceful. Really enjoyed sunning ourselves out there on the beautiful sun loungers.
The treatments we had where a facial, full body aroma hot stones massage, manicure and pedicure. I can honestly say is WOW, WOW, WOW. I have had many massages and I had never found one that lived up to the one I had in the Maldives. That was until now. Perfect in every way. Our massage was side by side. The girls where wonderful, professional, friendly and above all amazing at their job. Their movements around the room where purposeful, quite and well timed. I am very particular about massages but this was flawless. Facial amazing, manicure and pedicure equally amazing. All the treatment rooms where some of the best I have every seen and the relaxation rooms where fabulous. The free drinks and snacks are a lovely touch.
We had lunch, dinner and breakfast here. All of the food was beautiful. Clearly very talented chefs. Some people say the dinner portions are slightly on the small side. Ok, this is true and is a shock if you are not expecting it but the quality of the food is something you could never complain about. The finest food is served here and what a pleasure it was to eat. Can't moan about the breakfast. Plenty of food there and again amazing quality.
Bar service was fantastic. If you ordered drinks the staff would bring them to you anywhere in the hotel.
Overall this is an incredible spa which is excellent value for money. I can't thank all the staff enough and I would like to congratulate all the staff on a job very well done. You certainly have set a standard that all spa hotels should aspire to.

Best Wishes Tracy Scott, Wallasey

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We’re absolutely thrilled to hear that both you and your mum enjoyed your stay at The SPA Hotel. Your praise and thanks to the team have already been forwarded and we really do hope we are able to welcome you both back again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A truly wonderful day and night spent at the wonderful Ribby Hall. The setting is beautiful and so peaceful and the reception staff helpful and friendly. The spa area is really well designed, spotlessly clean and well maintained. A truly relaxing environment. The spa 'journey' through all the different areas is a great idea & very well thought out and the information plaques outside each room are a nice touch too. The area wasn't too crowded at all so it all felt really special and quite exclusive compared to some of the other spas we have been to. We had the 'side by side couples massage' which we both thought was the best massage we have ever had and excellent value for money compared to other hotels. We treated ourselves to the Executive Penthouse Suite which was wonderfully spacious and decorated & furnished with what felt like real quality fixtures and fittings. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the waiting staff both in the evening and at breakfast were so friendly and helpful. All in all, a really wonderful and special couple of days and we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#9 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Lancaster House
Lancaster House
#1 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!