“Food average, staff really lovely and entertainers work hard.”

Bar & Grill At The Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Wrea Green
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a family meal at the bar and grill. Food was okay, I swapped gammon steak with my hubby for his pulled pork as gammon steak was a bit tough. However our waitress was a lovely girl, very attentive and even asked us if we would like a photo taken together. The desserts were nice but hot choc fudge cake ruined by what was like sprinkles of hard strawberry?! Presentation of food was good, entertainment goes on as you eat. Didn't bother us at all though. The other evenings we visited on one occasion we could not get a seat and left and the next time we arrived as kids entertainment finished. The place seemed to instantly empty and it was a shame as the young guy singing Max ? Was really pretty good. UV disco a lot of fun but the character story time was rubbish! Entertainment team do work hard.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I cannot rave enough about how wonderful this was.
Service was relaxed but professional and polite.
The atmosphere is calm and everything is clean and tidy.

Afternoon Tea was delicious. As soon as we were seated we were asked if we had any dietary requirements. I spouted my usual...allergic to coconut and dislike seafood.
We had half strength lattes instead of tea. (another review explains that)
After a couple of minutes the afternoon tea was presented and it looked great. one side of the stand was for me and the other side was for my husband, his side still having salmon. I thought this was great as at other places they just exclude it from the whole tea so my husband usually misses out.
Extremely fresh bread with various filling and then three different flapjack and brownie cakes and then best of all the scones with jam and cream.

My biggest annoyance when having afternoon tea is when they don't cater to people who eat plain scones, luckily this is becoming fewer and fewer places. No problem here at the Brasserie we had beautiful warm plain scones.
The clotted cream was perfect and the strawberry jam was amazing and must have been homemade.

This was all served to us for the ridiculously cheap price of £12.50 each and we had 2 lattes each that were included in that price.

Do yourself a favour and try this place, you wont regret it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We hadn't booked but the staff were helpful in finding us a table.

There is a variety of choice for meals and a good kids menu.

The entertainment staff also kept the kids smiling and busy all night.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great food, good selection, eat before 6.30pm as entertainment starts and its very loud as its in a communal area where all entertainment/kids activities are held.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We ate here recently. All of us went for burgers which sounded great on the menu. Unfortunately, although the taste was ok, the meat was clearly processed. I wouldn't recommend. Staff worked hard and were attentive.