“Slightly disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Grapes Hotel

Grapes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wrea Green
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Preston, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went to the Grapes tonight for my Fathers birthday. The food was OK but couldn't be described as value for money. I ordered a goats cheese salad with walnuts, beet root and balsamic drizzle, it arrived and did look lovely but unfortunately was bereft of beet root. When I questioned this the waitress who was very attentive, in fact too attentive at times went to the kitchen to get my beet root. On return she informed me they had run out! Why wasn't I told sooner? Did they really presume I was so thick I wouldn't miss one of the main ingredients of the dish? They did substitute it with mango. Portions of chips with main meals were very small and at £10 or more for a main course you would expect more. Unfortunately with other better value establishments in the area we will not be returning.

1 Thank Joanne R

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a really good pub in a picturesque Fylde village and was a good choice for a light business lunch. A relaxing environment with good service and nice food. It even has its own Wrea Green ale, though unfortunately I couldn't try it! Would definitely go back, if possible to have dinner as the menu and specials looked inviting.

Blackpool
“Great Sunday roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We often pop along to the Grapes for a meal and have never been disappointed, we recently took some friends for Sunday lunch and they even commented on how great it was. The staff are very friendly and helpfully and nothing is too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this, but you may need to book sometimes.

Lancashire
“Fantastic Evening - Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We reserved a table for my daughters Birthday, there were 8 of us.
The table was dressed with balloons and ribbons and was such a lovely surprise.
The food was delicious and well presented, I love the plates by the way !
Everyone agreed it was a great evening and also great value.
Emma was fantastic at providing great customer service and really looked after us - Thank You

• Visited April 2014
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I, along with our son, daughter-in-law and her Mum, dined in The Grapes Hotel last evening. We had been directed to the restaurant by restaurant staff in Ribby Hall Village as they were fully booked and could not accommodate our party. We are so pleased that they were so perceptive. Our dinner was excellent in every way. The menu is full of very appetising dishes and it was difficult for all of us to make our choice. In the end scallops and blackpudding, tomato and bean soup, paté and crispy toast came out on top. Rack of lamb, roast turkey, three roasts and a ribeye steak were enjoyed for the mains. The atmosphere was most welcoming and the waiting staff were vert friendly and attentive. For us The Grapes was a great find and we will revisit with pleasure.