“Weekend break”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My partner and I had a weekend break in Liverpool and went to see some friends in Wrea Green. We had a meal at The Grapes which was lovely. I have a wheat intolerance and sometimes find it difficult to eat out. The two course meal I had at the Grapes was lovely and I had no problem finding wheat free food. Well done you made dining out a pleasure.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited this pub years ago so our return was a pleasant surprise. Now part of a chain (think it was independent in the past) but the food was good, didn't take too long to arrive and served appropriately. One observation... although there was a "special" sheet available, I would like to have seen much more local produce such as local fish or meats which we seemed to remember from the past.
There is parking round the back although a bit of a tight squeeze to fit into a space at the side ( carry on round to the back...theres more room). Nice area to have a walk round the green after lunch too to burn off those calories!

1  Thank Charlie322
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went to the Grapes tonight for my Fathers birthday. The food was OK but couldn't be described as value for money. I ordered a goats cheese salad with walnuts, beet root and balsamic drizzle, it arrived and did look lovely but unfortunately was bereft of beet root. When I questioned this the waitress who was very attentive, in fact too attentive at times went to the kitchen to get my beet root. On return she informed me they had run out! Why wasn't I told sooner? Did they really presume I was so thick I wouldn't miss one of the main ingredients of the dish? They did substitute it with mango. Portions of chips with main meals were very small and at £10 or more for a main course you would expect more. Unfortunately with other better value establishments in the area we will not be returning.

2  Thank Joanne R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a really good pub in a picturesque Fylde village and was a good choice for a light business lunch. A relaxing environment with good service and nice food. It even has its own Wrea Green ale, though unfortunately I couldn't try it! Would definitely go back, if possible to have dinner as the menu and specials looked inviting.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We often pop along to the Grapes for a meal and have never been disappointed, we recently took some friends for Sunday lunch and they even commented on how great it was. The staff are very friendly and helpfully and nothing is too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this, but you may need to book sometimes.