“Picturesque”
Review of Grapes Hotel

Grapes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wrea Green
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Picturesque”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good service and Chef & Brewer good value food with a fine selection of ales. The outdoor seating overlooks the village green.

Visited June 2014

ABERDEEN
“Good service,average food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Popped by for lunch on Saturday on what was a glorious sunny day.Enjoyed watching the cricket on the green opposite and the wedding party assembling at The Grapes.We had 2 courses each of what is best described as very average pub grub.I suppose for £18 you cannot expect too much but the food was rather basic although edible enough.The beers were well chilled and went down well in the sunshine.Service throughout was good-attentive and efficient.

1 Thank ewencrichton
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My partner and I had a weekend break in Liverpool and went to see some friends in Wrea Green. We had a meal at The Grapes which was lovely. I have a wheat intolerance and sometimes find it difficult to eat out. The two course meal I had at the Grapes was lovely and I had no problem finding wheat free food. Well done you made dining out a pleasure.

Manchester
“decent place to eat”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited this pub years ago so our return was a pleasant surprise. Now part of a chain (think it was independent in the past) but the food was good, didn't take too long to arrive and served appropriately. One observation... although there was a "special" sheet available, I would like to have seen much more local produce such as local fish or meats which we seemed to remember from the past.
There is parking round the back although a bit of a tight squeeze to fit into a space at the side ( carry on round to the back...theres more room). Nice area to have a walk round the green after lunch too to burn off those calories!

1 Thank Charlie322
Preston, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointing”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went to the Grapes tonight for my Fathers birthday. The food was OK but couldn't be described as value for money. I ordered a goats cheese salad with walnuts, beet root and balsamic drizzle, it arrived and did look lovely but unfortunately was bereft of beet root. When I questioned this the waitress who was very attentive, in fact too attentive at times went to the kitchen to get my beet root. On return she informed me they had run out! Why wasn't I told sooner? Did they really presume I was so thick I wouldn't miss one of the main ingredients of the dish? They did substitute it with mango. Portions of chips with main meals were very small and at £10 or more for a main course you would expect more. Unfortunately with other better value establishments in the area we will not be returning.

2 Thank Joanne R