“Beautiful Wedding Venue”

and 1 more site!
The Villa, Wrea Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Wrea Green B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was a guest here for a wedding and it was gorgeous! Everything was lovely and the place was truly ideal for a wedding. Drinks not too expensive- you expect to pay more in a place like this. We got a free ride back from here to the Villa Express at the end of the night- really handy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I got married at The Villa in September last year and should have written a review at the time. Every bride wants to reflect on their big day and point out how wonderful it was. I organised the whole day with a 7 week timeline and chose The Villa because it was the perfect location for us, I love food and I knew the reputation of the restaurant would deliver. The approach from The Villa's management team was laid back with a nod to detail which absolutely landed confidence in me. The advice offered felt bespoke and just for me and I was without hesitation chilled about the arrangements for everything. We got married on the last Sunday in September and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the Pavillion was beautiful, understated and elegant and we genuinely loved every guest in the room, which helps. The meal the night before with wedding party exceptional and I would pay triple to do it all again. If you want the ideal venue, outstanding food and just the right amount of advice and support to land a great day for family and friends , get married here.

Room Tip: Newly refurbished boutique rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JC1971_13
Reviewed 4 May 2014

On first impression this hotel is beautiful. They hosted a superb wedding which I cannot fault. It was perfect. We were also delighted with our room, it was lovely and the bathroom was out of this world. But when we woke up the glasses on the coffee table were crawling with ants. There were hundreds and the thought of them crawling around my belongings really put me off. I asked the lady on reception to come and have a look as I did not want to make it public knowledge in respect for the hotel and other guests. The lady took the glass away and that was it!!! I was expecting the manager to knock on the door and make an apology on behalf of the hotel but no one ever came. The lady on reception said they had sorted it by spraying it whilst we were at breakfast but We were due to leave then and it was not about to make my stay a happy one, it would just prevent another incident for the next guest. I feel really let down, we had an amazing time and this just ruined the experience. The head of housekeeping was great though she was so apologetic she could teach the other staff a few lessons in public relations.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank ClaireBurton78
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We visited The Villa as guests of a Wedding party on Good Friday. .The venue is lovely, large enough with a personal touch. The staff were all very attentive, friendly and helpful.
Not sure if the DJ came with the room but he was very good and had people up dancing early on . When it came to the buffet there was plenty for everyone, a good assortment and it was tasty too. . Bar prices were about on a par with function suites. not too much OTT.
We were impressed, , We didn't stay so are unable to comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with 3 other friends and what should be a "lovely experience" was extremely disappointing. There was a wedding going on and we were paid very little attention and had to get up and find staff to ask for extra milk, coffees etc. There was no choice of sandwiches and the waiter was unaware of what was in them when he served them to us. Considering what we paid there was very little food. There were other things that were poor and because I had previously purchased a voucher as a present for a friend I did take time to complain in a private email to the management about how I felt it could be improved. The management did respond by asking me to let them know when my friend would be going so they could assure the did not get the same poor service. I did let them know by email but did not receive the courtesy of a response and I have since discovered that my friend also had a similar poor experience and have also complained by email. Don't bother going for afternoon tea, there are other places in the area that do it much better. Afternoon tea is supposed to be a pleasant experience so shame on you villa, thought you had better standards and to ignore an email is appalling given you are in the hospitality trade.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kmm64
Villa W, Manager at The Villa, Wrea Green, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are sorry to hear of the service issues you encountered during your afternoon tea experience at The Villa. We do pride ourselves on delivering an excellant service to all our guests however on this occasion this did not happen. I have looked into the matter which was dealt with by a previous manager and we are unaware of the correspondence that happened between yourselves. Please contact either myself, David Bush or The General Manager Jayne Taylor to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Spent two nights here on business for which the Villa was perfectly positioned. Breakfast is excellent, local produce, well cooked and served. Had dinner in the bar with colleagues which was really nice, again, lots of local basics, well presented and cooked. Rooms are getting a little bit tired but still more than acceptable for the competitive price charged. One thing though, why are fixed shower heads placed at such a height that a six foot bloke has to bend down to get wet? My first choice when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brands_03
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have stayed in The Villa on a few occasions over the last year or so whilst visiting relatives on recomendation. During our stay in early December the hotel suffered electrical failure and we were left without the use of some facilities which was not the hotels fault. On leaving the hotel the receptionist apologised and gave us the managers business card and ask us to email her directly regarding our stay which we did on our return home. The manager responded to our email very quickly and offered us a complimentary stay on a date to suit us when we were in the area next. We have just come back from our stay and cannot thank the hotel and staff enough as we were treated to the Balmoral Suite which was outstanding to say the least as we had originally stayed in a standard room, there was even a bottle of fizz waiting for us in the room which was the icing on the cake. So on behalf of my wife and I, a big thanks to Jayne Taylor and the lovely staff for making our stay so fantastic, we will as alway keep recommending your hotel to friends and will also be staying again with you in the very near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#15 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Kings Hotel
Kings Hotel
#1 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to The Villa, Wrea Green? Share your experiences!