I recently spent three nights at Ribby Hall Village for a hen do. We were staying in the Sapphire Cottages, which were really well located for access to the bar and grill, shop, reception and indoor leisure facilities. Externally the cottages are not to my taste (a bit dull and far too much use of pebble dash). Internally they are nice, modern, spacious, clean, well equipped and in good state of repair. We were however in the most expensive type of cottage and I would have expected the decor to be a little more high quality. I also couldn't see from the web site what exactly made these better than the other 6 person cottages. My friend and I shared the double en suite and I must say that the bed was very comfortable and spacious.
We were staying in the fishing section of the resort and the view from the rear of our cottage was a charming view of the fishing pond.
The village itself was nice and well maintained. The outdoor leisure facilities however left much to be desired. The island facility housing a column style climbing wall, the battered pedalos, cycling contraptions, row boats, wooden sheds and a mini golf course was more like something you would find and at a seaside resort, fair or Public Park. In a five star resort I expect better.
The indoor facilities were however impressive, there was a main family pool with two slides, Jacuzzis, a steam room and sauna, an adults only pool with Jacuzzi and steam room reasonable family changing rooms and luxurious adult only changing rooms. We didn't make use of any of the other indoor facilities but these looked modern and well maintained.
The on site bar and grill served nice food and had a decent atmosphere and average entertainment and the on site shop was well stocked and reasonably priced. We did not have much need for assistance from the staff, but when we did they were polite and helpful.
I would say the worst thing about this hotel was the number of charges for facilities for example only one car parking space is included per cottage, which is fair enough for a two or four person cottage, but surely a six person cottage should be entitled to two free spaces given that six people do not fit in a car. There is a £5 per night charge for each extra car and although the swimming area is included in your package there is a £6 charge for activities such as 2 laps in a pedalo or 30mins on a bike.
Overall this is a very nice holiday village with a nice atmosphere and comfortable accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ribby Hall Village, comprises more than 100 acres of beautiful Lancashire / Fylde countryside in the North West of England. Accredited as five-star by Visit Britain with a choice of luxury cottages and idyllic pine lodges with outdoor hot tubs, hosting 2-6 guests per property. Motel rooms are also available as are three larger and bespoke properties each within their own private grounds hosting 8-14 guests per property. There are an abundance of sport, leisure, dining, and entertainment options for all ages and 365 days a year. Adult guests can also enjoy the award winning SPA Hotel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Cottages Hotel Wrea Green
- Ribby Hall Village Hotel
- Ribby Hall Village Wrea Green
- Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation Wrea Green, Lancashire