“Nice holiday village helped a little by the weather”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrea Green
Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I recently spent three nights at Ribby Hall Village for a hen do. We were staying in the Sapphire Cottages, which were really well located for access to the bar and grill, shop, reception and indoor leisure facilities. Externally the cottages are not to my taste (a bit dull and far too much use of pebble dash). Internally they are nice, modern, spacious, clean, well equipped and in good state of repair. We were however in the most expensive type of cottage and I would have expected the decor to be a little more high quality. I also couldn't see from the web site what exactly made these better than the other 6 person cottages. My friend and I shared the double en suite and I must say that the bed was very comfortable and spacious.

We were staying in the fishing section of the resort and the view from the rear of our cottage was a charming view of the fishing pond.

The village itself was nice and well maintained. The outdoor leisure facilities however left much to be desired. The island facility housing a column style climbing wall, the battered pedalos, cycling contraptions, row boats, wooden sheds and a mini golf course was more like something you would find and at a seaside resort, fair or Public Park. In a five star resort I expect better.

The indoor facilities were however impressive, there was a main family pool with two slides, Jacuzzis, a steam room and sauna, an adults only pool with Jacuzzi and steam room reasonable family changing rooms and luxurious adult only changing rooms. We didn't make use of any of the other indoor facilities but these looked modern and well maintained.

The on site bar and grill served nice food and had a decent atmosphere and average entertainment and the on site shop was well stocked and reasonably priced. We did not have much need for assistance from the staff, but when we did they were polite and helpful.

I would say the worst thing about this hotel was the number of charges for facilities for example only one car parking space is included per cottage, which is fair enough for a two or four person cottage, but surely a six person cottage should be entitled to two free spaces given that six people do not fit in a car. There is a £5 per night charge for each extra car and although the swimming area is included in your package there is a £6 charge for activities such as 2 laps in a pedalo or 30mins on a bike.

Overall this is a very nice holiday village with a nice atmosphere and comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 September 2009

Ribby Hall is a lovely holiday village with lots to do and a lovely setting. The onsite shop is well stocked and the Nigel Smith restaurant is worth a visit, serving excellent food, although it can get very busy. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. We booked a diamond accommodation and paid £1180 for a week. It was disgusting! Ribby's beautiful brochure tells you that their cottages are new for 2009, and shows a picture of a lovely accommodation. Ours had a dirty, faded lounge carpet, 2 bathrooms that looked like they hadnt been touched for 20 years, burn marks on the bedroom carpet, and a lounge t.v. that should be shown the skip. Their brochure tells you that no expense has been spared and that all cottages are fully fitted to the very highest standards! All except the diamond we stayed in I guess. If you are looking to stay at Ribby Hall, I would suggest a phone call to ensure you are not as dissappointed as we were, it was far from the standard we expected and we most certainly will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank bubbles053
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We stayed in a luxury pine lodge, which to be fair we paid alot for. On arrival I was praying it was luxury...and I wasnt disappointed. When we walked in (2 adults and 3 children) we were all stunned by the very high standard.

Everywhere was spotlessly clean throughout the lodge and there was everything we needed...dvds in every roon, plasma tv, fitted kitchen, and even a hot tub outside.

The staff were all so friendly, and always stopped to speak. The entertainment and sports facilities were excellent and included pools, badminton, squash, fishing (3 lakes are free, 1 is paid for), boating, arcade, bar, restaurants, coffee shop etc.

The onsite entertainment is what you would expect from a small sized holiday park, but give the staff their due - they put everything into it and kept the kids entertained. There was even enough seating which is a rarity.

Overall, this was a great holiday enjoyed by every member of my family. Well done.

Reviewed 25 August 2009

We have just returned from a week at Ribby Hall. The children are nagging me already to re book for next year as we had such a great time. Having children aged 10, 8 and 5 I was worried about keeping them entertained but Ribby Hall had something for everyone.

The children loved the pool area which included 2 water slides and a childrens area. My husband loved the separate adults only pool, steam room and spa.
The play areas were great with a good indoor soft play area and a great outdoor area with zip wires etc.
We tried horse riding which is on site and had a half hour rein lead ride around the site. The site is criss crossed with horse only fenced paths which are very safe.
My boys loved the canoeing and minature golf course.
The sports complex is of a very high standard and the locals obviously use it as the local health club. Even so, it appears to be an exclusive health club. We saw lots of expensive cars pull into the car park and the owners head off into the complex.
The shop is really well stocked with a good choice of foods and fancy goods. The cafe next door is great and the portions of cake huge (we made the mistake of ordering a hot chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake for my son and had to pull him off the ceiling later that night)

We only ever made it to the family entertainment which consisted of a character appearing for 20-30 mins then the entertainment team doing dance contests/ party games. One night we saw a local dance group who were good. My sons who were bored by the entertainment went off to the attached amusement area over 10's room which had a three pool tables and a couple of compters. A few more acts eg a magician would have been good.
We stayed in a Jasmine Cottage whch was lovely. The decor was very modern and the fittings were of a high standard.
We were away from the main entertainment area so I don't know how noisy it was late at night. The resort was almost 100% families and there were no large groups of older children hanging around .

All in all a lovely holiday and a great base for exploring the surrounding area.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

My partner and I have just return home of Ribby Hall and we had a great time. We stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights and were greeted by very friendly and well informed staff. It was a lovely relaxing and quiet holiday even though there were alot of families with children there. The hotel suite was clean, tidy, well equipted and comfortable. The swimming pool has a lovely pool with slides and jet pools and well as an adults only section with full length pool, sauna, jaccuzi and a fantastic steam room with calming lighting, twinkley lights and relaxing music playing. There were lots of activities to do around the complex such as bike riding, horse riding, golf, mini golf, boat hire, fitness centre with swimming, gym, tennis and squash. As well as night time entertainment, choice of resturants, a shop and a beauty salon.
The beauty salon staff were very friendly and the salon it self is modern, comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I had some issues about my last trip to Ribby. These were seious enough that I felt I had to write a review on here and contact the managent. I was completely satisfied with the way they dealt with my complaints, which is all that anyone can ask.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Stayed at Ribby Hall in August for my Dad's 60th. We stayed in a Jasmine cottage for 3 nights. Overall Ribby hall was very good and I would go back and stay again. The cottage was clean and very spacious. One problem that we found was that there were only 2 mirrors in the cottage, both attached to the wall in the main bedroom. This caused a few issues in the mornings when everyone in the cottage was waiting to use them to dry their hair/apply make up etc. Remember to pack your own towels as these aren't included in the cottage, although this is clearly communicated to you before you arrive. It was nice to have some outside space which was often visited by ducks and rabbits! My Dad appreciated having sky sports on the TV as he could keep an eye in the golf when we were in!
The location was great, far enough away from Blackpool to be quiet but close enough to pop in and visit. There was lots to do on site - mini golf, rowing/canoeing, horse riding, swimming, walking, spa. The village shop is well stocked and staff very helpful. We fancied a take away one night and staff in the shop and at reception were very helpful in giving us details/menus/numbers of local restaurants.
We ate at the Nigel Smith restaurant one night which is lovely. It is a nice venue and offers a set menu some nights. We went for the set menu which is a fixed price, but you have to add supplements for a lot of dishes on it. For example, the set menu was £13 for 3 courses but we had to add £7 supplement for steak, £4 supplement for lamb and £1.50 supplement for the hot dessert. We also found that they had run out of a few things on the menu. There were no vegetarian options on the set menu or the a la carte menu other than a 'seasonal vegetarian option' but we were given a veggie meal as part of the set menu. However, this meant that there was not a lot of choice for the vegetarians amongst us. Saying all of this though, the food was fantastic, the staff (at the bar, waiters, restaurant manager) were brilliant and we did have a lovely evening.
One small annoyance with the cottage was our outside light. It was not working when we arrived home the first night, so we reported it to reception who said that they would deal with it.. It had not been repaired by the time we left!!
The bars were nice and it was good that there were some adult only bars as we had no children with us.
We would all go back to Ribby hall and I know that my Dad enjoyed his time away for his birthday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrea Green
#9 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Inn on the Prom Hotel
Inn on the Prom Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation? Share your experiences!